• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Show Me the Leads!

True but are they your leads recycled from 90 days ago? I quit purchasing third party leads and one of the reasons was that I caught a vendor sending me my old leads. They not only lost my business but all the stores in the group.

Doug, I've caught this happening at least a dozen times over the last few years. Half the time, I'm not sure the lead provider themselves are aware each time it happening. They're merely shuffling leads around to make the $$.

Aggregation: what a racket!!

So you have a deal with, say, AutoUSA (not picking on them, just hypothetical). You have a $1000 monthly cap at $22 per lead.

May, June, July, max leads delivered.... December, January, February: max leads. Recession? Max leads. No market at all? Max leads. Why?

Always somebody selling something to somebody. And dealers never seem to run out of money.

What a great idea for a Refresh article: undercover exposé of the lead aggregation business!!

Saw this on a dealers website the offer day after I submitted a lead. I got an offer for $25 to come in, I loved it. I also think a gas card would well. Spend hundreds to get the lead, what's another $25 to make them show!

Ive wondered about HookLogic. What happens when you get 200 people who show up, collect the gift card, then dont buy. Ugh.

Ive wondered about HookLogic. What happens when you get 200 people who show up, collect the gift card, then dont buy. Ugh.

If approached correctly, this simply wouldn't happen...

What if you incentivized only the right people; 200 people that through intelligent data you knew had an intent to purchase. Then would you be okay with this group of 200 people waking through your showroom door?

Sure you would. The secret of incentivizing people to take action is incentivizing the right people at the right time.