• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
AMEN!
Merchandising your inventory (lots of great photos, detailed descriptions, walk-around videos, included history and service reports, etc.) will be your number 1 needle mover.

Your pic process is highly detailed, thats excellent. The pics could used some labels.

For example, IDK what the next 4 pics are
1703165407859.png

Labeling Examples
1703165901919.png
1703165946189.png

And, All your photos need to be "landscape" not portrait
1703165208748.png

Reactions: jon.berna
Ive been put in charge of marketing for our used car lot. We have about 50 units, 30 are retail ready. Ive posted all of our inventory on marketplace, I make tiktoks, and I make FB posts pretty regularly but nothing is really taking off. This month has been so slow, and thats just how the market is right now (at least in my area for used cars). Since you all probably arent anywhere around where im at (Mississippi), could you offer me any marketing solutions or ideas to help drum up business? I want to help but nothing im doing is working.

Thank you
I am in the northeast and I have been experience slower than normal sales for November and December. I am maintaining our closing ratio of 33% but leads coming are slow. You could try CarFax.com for dealers or CarsGurus.com these have preformed well over the past years. I am exploring going into buying leads or using google keyword marketing to try and bring up sales.
Hope this give you some insight don't get discouraged and keep up the good fight!

• Useful
Reactions: craigh
Yes for the love of all that is good... no portraits.

Ok boomer.

I'm just teasing, because I felt this exact way but my current photog likes to add a few every now and then I haven't really seen any evidence that a portrait photo will ruin a potential sale

Portraits are fine... if they add to the marketing of the vehicle. No one is not buying a car because there were a few [properly done] portrait photos in the photo reel.

Ok boomer.

I'm just teasing, because I felt this exact way but my current photog likes to add a few every now and then I haven't really seen any evidence that a portrait photo will ruin a potential sale

Portraits are fine... if they add to the marketing of the vehicle. No one is not buying a car because there were a few [properly done] portrait photos in the photo reel.
You're allowed your own opinion, even if it’s wrong. Just joking. They don’t add to the marketability or the UI experience.

Last edited: