• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Software for making key tags/stock stickers?

Billfred

Boss
Oct 20, 2009
First Name
Billfred
I imagine there's little value in any secret sauce here, but I couldn't find anything by searching about this topic.

Nine times out of ten, it falls to me to create our used cars' key tags, stock number stickers, and buyer's guides. For these, we hand-print everything in at least three places (stock number sticker in the car, key tag, spare key tag if there are extra keys, buyer's guide). Aside from the labor costs in such an endeavor, it's tedious, joyless work.

Has anyone figured out a system to speed this process along? A labelmaker seems the obvious solution, if there's software that'll take my data and format it properly. (We use ERA here, though I've learned how to export data via Query Builder pretty easily.) Less pretty would be a printed label that sits inside our current labels, but that'd still be an improvement over the status quo (both for myself and for those who have to read my chicken scratch).