• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Something new to DealerRefresh?

Okay - that was the nice sensitive Kershner up there. The "other" Kershner says - quit your damn crying over something so trivial.

DealerRefresh traffic continues to increase. And that's with more players to the table than ever before. Despite what "others" say, DealerRefresh was the first live one forum / blog in out industry. I've busted my ass for years to build this out - over nothing more than passion. Alex stepped in years ago and my only became a great friend but a huge contributor. Joe followed. Others (such as yourself) have become a part of the DealerRefresh community. Your participation is what helps make DealerRefresh what it is.

Do you have any idea how much work and time DealerRefresh consumes? A shit load! Time, money, resources, reputation. There are nights my eyes are half shut while I'm still working on the blog or forum. Moderation of a community is NOT easy. There's a ton of things happening behind the scenes you never see. I spend hours a week alone on protecting the community from security threats, spammers and vendors that have no clue.

We have some awesome changes and additions to DealerRefresh in 2013. I hope you join me. Leave your box of tissues behind.

Reactions: 4 people
Bhahahah :poke:

So I have noticed a few fresh faces and a TON of vendors (please Read the Rules as not to make more threads fall into the "moderated" bucket) joining.

Jeff, I know you spend a ton of time on DR and it's your baby. Thank you for providing a safe haven for the loud mouths to gather and exchange great ideas and information.

Thank you to all of those that came before for building the community and culture that makes this my favorite forum.

Welcome all of the newcomers...speak up and let's going!

We've all fallen into the moderated bucket before...After a few weeks of wondering into new buttons on my screen, I now see what tosses threads into "moderated" - I would have never though posts like those existed here in DR land. I have a new respect for the gatekeepers that keep the trash out of our community. :tiphat:

Reactions: 1 person
Jeff has done nothing short of a phenomenal job with DealerRefresh - Just quickly run over to the other "forums and blogs" and remind yourself.

Jeff really doesn't need to apologize for how the forums are formatted to make it work optimally for you - and when a post gets caught up in moderation, Doug can attest to how quickly it will get posted once reviewed.

No formal welcome? No idea who Jessica is other than being with DealerFire? VendorRefresh.com Ha, no hate. Running a vBulletin forum is a lot of work, I still own one and it gets SPAMed liked crazy... Jeff has done a good job here! Running a site like this is a full time job, seriously.

No formal welcome? No idea who Jessica is other than being with DealerFire?

Maybe if we knew who you were you might have been invited to have fun in Vegas with...well, Jess is a great Bartender (a long time lurker) and Hard working Autopeep. She's been insightful on Twitter. I look forward to seeing what she brings to DR (and having another outspoken female around will be good for you boys too)

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe if we knew who you were you might have been invited to have fun in Vegas with...well, Jess is a great Bartender (a long time lurker) and Hard working Autopeep. She's been insightful on Twitter. I look forward to seeing what she brings to DR (and having another outspoken female around will be good for you boys too)

I was in Vegas recently, don't have time or the desire to attend them all, lol... Interesting, #keephustlincuz. ps. Jessica your twitter link points to the wrong page.

No formal welcome? No idea who Jessica is other than being with DealerFire? VendorRefresh.com Ha, no hate. Running a vBulletin forum is a lot of work, I still own one and it gets SPAMed liked crazy... Jeff has done a good job here! Running a site like this is a full time job, seriously.

Hey, Kcar - I've been soooo busy getting up to speed here I haven't been formally introduced and who cares! Here I am, I'm going to shake some things up so now it's your turn to get up to speed!

Thanks for pointing out that my #hustling link wasn't working, it's totally up to par now. You're not on Twitter?

Main point - thank you for backing DealerRefresh and recognizing Jeff's commitment.