• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

SteadiCam Video Tip from your Ol' Uncle Joe

joe.pistell

Uncle Joe
Apr 7, 2009
Awards
First Name
Joe
I was admiring Billfred's handy video work showing off the new arrival of the 2010 Saab on his website Home: Jim Hudson Buick/GMC/Cadillac/Saab, your dealer in Columbia, SC

Here is the Video on the Front page.

Billfred's done a nice job, but, we all wrestle with how walking jars the image and distracts from the story we're telling. There are solutions and none is better that the SteadiCam. But, You can layout 4 figures on a SteadyCam...
22%2009%202006steadicam_flyer_1.jpg

More than $1000 bucks? That'll never fly. But, watch the video below, hop in your buggy and motor down to your Home Depot and get ready to drop $20 bucks, you'll get 90% of the SteadiCam's smoothness and your videos will take a giant leap forward when doing walk arounds.

If you have a tripod hanging around, save your $20 and watch this video:

Background:
Just before I committed to the Auto Industry, I wanted to create/produce high end internet videos for real estate and business. There are a butt load of DIY's video tools on all kinds of Video. Rigs, Dolly's and Steadicams and the awesome LAP (Low Altitude Photography).

Hope you can find an idea or 2 in here! Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw shucks, thanks Joe.

All the DIY steadicam in the world wouldn't have saved me on that Saab video--the idea came up as the truck arrived, and was refined as I was running across the lot with my iPhone. (The DP couldn't believe it.) A couple minutes in iMovie and we were live.

However, I'm keeping this thread in mind as we move towards shooting more video. (Our photo gal has to run out of cars sometime, right?)