• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Stealing content is a no-no, I thought...

There is much more opportunity in creating high quality, unique content, than there is in scraping, extracting or in some form or another trying to mass produce content that is published online.

It seems that this was a case of trying to implement a structure, and to create a better experience on a dealers about us page, which is a great idea, and could help many dealers build out very nice staff detail pages.

In my opinion, if you encounter this situation again or even if you still want to get some benefit out of this one, make it easier for someone else to implement what you've done and request they give an attribution link in return.

I've been thinking about doing this on our blogs and even created a wufoo form that would allow each dealer employee to fill out their info and upload an image. Based on the responses and quality, I'd be able to offer some the ability to publish on the blog and would show them how to find popular topics and create good content for their blog.

This is a great start, would like to know how hard it was to get them to follow through on their bio information because from the sounds of things, many of my clients think it would take an act of God to get them to even open the email let alone fill out info, and write for the blog .... sure when hell freezes over right?