• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Suggestions for vAuto and Dale Pollack

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
A lot of us are using vAuto, and it is incredible! Dale has truly revolutionized (and modernized) the used car business. Fortunately, Dale and the gang are extremely proactive too. If you have any feature requests for them, post them up!

We need a tool to help us effectively manage our reconditioning process. I am gravitating to a 45 day turn from a 60 day turn. Every day that passes makes it that much more important that my cars get through the shop, recon, pictured, stickered and on the lot as soon as possible. I want to hold my people accountable to my 72 hour time frame but it is hard to do so with any accuracy in a way that is not time consuming. Joe Pistell came up with a great spreadsheet here but it would be nice to have a web based interface that multiple people could update. My body shop is installing software call ProfitNet that actually enables us to track the progress of cars through the body shop on a real time diagram shown on a 42" monitor in the dispatch office. This way, both me and my management team can see where a car is at anytime in the process simply by looking at the bar graph. It would be great if we had the same thing for tracking the reconditioning process. I envision the following as standard steps in the process:
1. Vehicle Received or In Stock
2. In Service
2a. In Body Shop (if applicable)
3. In Recon
4. Waiting for Pictures/Sticker
5. On Lot/Complete

Dealers should be able to define time parameters for each step so users are prompted when a car goes past due for a portion of the process. If the system automatically time and date stamped the status change, i could hold each individual or group responsible for each portion of the process accountable for timely execution and even pay bonuses on performance. This entire concept supports the notion that velocity is king when it comes to used car management.

I would like to be able to filter the sites that vAuto is pulling data from. ie just Autotrader, Cars.com etc...instead of some of the obscure sites. I also would like to see which site the car is on before on the competitive comparison page before you click.

Bumping this thread. Want to see what some of your needs are and I'll put the requests in motion. Can't guarantee anything but would love your input.

@Jason - I like the request. I'll see what I can do.
@Mitch - been done but I think you know that.
@Andy - We have something in place that tracks the time from Appraisal to Online (per Vehicle) - Have you seen it?
@AutoJini - We have, at this point, many APIs with many Inventory Providers as well as Website Providers. Is this still a problem for you? I will gladly connect you with the right people to put this together.

Agree with Andy. Will I would like to see this tool as well. I'm hoping to see a workflow system that multiple store points can communicate and pull a "time to market report" based on (for example a minimum of 2 photos).

The second request is very very very important.... it is not so much for Vauto but is a collabrotive effort to share data. I've been trying to get dealer.com to provide Vauto with SRP and VDP data. This request has been made multiple times at multiple levels with dealer.com.

Thank you Dale and Vauto team for being a great partner!

Reactions: 2 people