• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Taking videos of your vehicles

It would seem that you should use the videos with more laser precision. I have dealers that send videos only to customers they have talked to and have not otherwise been able to set an appointment. Here is an example from a Hendrick Store and one from Luther automotive. Both sold.
The trick is using the customer's name and talking about the conversation you had with them. It will blow them away.

Or you can give away AK-47's with every truck purchase and let CNN take you viral like they did with Max Motors (google it) god, guns, guts and American pickup trucks :rofl: little off the top for most of our dealers but I still love his CNN interview video on youtube when he corrects her on his motto I posted above.

Or you can give away AK-47's with every truck purchase and let CNN take you viral like they did with Max Motors (google it) god, guns, guts and American pickup trucks :rofl: little off the top for most of our dealers but I still love his CNN interview video on youtube when he corrects her on his motto I posted above.

That dealer isn't very far from me here in Kansas City. they have been giving away guns for years with cars. Although it used to be hand guns and not AK47s....

@Matthew Belk Completely agree with you. A great idea. A targeted video response will make your customers drop their jaws.

With a Flip cam you can shoot the video in 2 mins, upload to YouTube or Vimeo in 10 mins and then share the video with the customer. 15 mins of easy work. A big return on your ROI.

In general, I think it is best to just keep things simple...no need for an expensive HD camera, staging area or video intro. You can dip your toes in with a Flip cam for $150 and use a free video host. Note: Vimeo generally has better quality than YouTube, but takes longer to upload. Viddler is also a good service.

The important thing is to have the chops and be yourself. Keep the videos short and to the point. The more you do, the better quality they will be.

I need a set of fresh eyes to help improve our video process. I am trying to sell more cars and I am seeking your opinions.

Put on your customer hat and let's say your looking for a Nissan Armada... and you land on this page: Used 2009 Nissan Armada SE For Sale Near Syracuse NY

• Does the video help or hurt the shopping experience?
  • What can I add (or subtract) to improve it?

We've got 3 photo/data collection peeps and we're going to video each and every unit we put online. I've choreographed the process to this point, now I need your opinions to optimize it.

Let 'er rip!

Joe,

I like it. If I was a customer looking at SUV's, I'd certainly consider that vehicle. You guys do everything top notch there at Sun Auto Warehouse.

Your website is one of my favorites. So easy to find the vehicles and learn more about them. People can learn a lot from what you all do there in the Syracuse market.