• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

The (De?)Evolution of the Internet Sales Manager

This video is a masterpiece. Here's a great story for you guys that can relate to this video. While I've never cried (on the outside) or done line of my desk, this video starred me. I was frustrated with the overwhelming tasks on my plate and unsure as to how to get half of them completed on a daily basis.

Yesterday afternoon my GM forwarded me a Salesforce.com Social Media video (basically a Socialnomics video with a Sales Pitch on the end) with some stats on the effectiveness of Social Media. A little while later he walked past my office and asked if I had watched it and said that we were missing the boat if we were not doing Social Media. I told him I had and then I told him I had another video that he needed to watch. He came in my office and stood behind me to watch the (De?)evolution of the Internet Sales Manager. At about Day 3, he realized what I was trying to say (I know this because he laughed and said "What are you trying to tell me?")

Once the video was over, he sat down in my office and we discussed the future of our department and ways the we could restructure it from top to bottom. It was a GREAT way to start what could have been a difficult meeting with a little bit of humor. It was one of the best meetings I've been in for 2010 and I owe it all to the (De?)Evolution of the ISM. Thanks Joe and Bill!

This video is a masterpiece. Here's a great story for you guys that can relate to this video. While I've never cried (on the outside) or done line of my desk, this video starred me. I was frustrated with the overwhelming tasks on my plate and unsure as to how to get half of them completed on a daily basis.

Yesterday afternoon my GM forwarded me a Salesforce.com Social Media video (basically a Socialnomics video with a Sales Pitch on the end) with some stats on the effectiveness of Social Media. A little while later he walked past my office and asked if I had watched it and said that we were missing the boat if we were not doing Social Media. I told him I had and then I told him I had another video that he needed to watch. He came in my office and stood behind me to watch the (De?)evolution of the Internet Sales Manager. At about Day 3, he realized what I was trying to say (I know this because he laughed and said "What are you trying to tell me?")

Once the video was over, he sat down in my office and we discussed the future of our department and ways the we could restructure it from top to bottom. It was a GREAT way to start what could have been a difficult meeting with a little bit of humor. It was one of the best meetings I've been in for 2010 and I owe it all to the (De?)Evolution of the ISM. Thanks Joe and Bill!

You rock, Joel. I really appreciate you posting that. To think my video actually was able to make a difference in how some things will be handled in your store completely validates all of the time, effort, money, and energy I put into my comedic videos. It seems like it truly did serve a purpose opposed to just entertain. Thanks a ton for sharing your story. Keep up the great work.