• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

The Dreaded Wait from "Yes" to "The Box"

Kelly Wilson

How can I help?
Oct 23, 2011
Awards
First Name
Kelly
:yell:Faster, faster, faster … Customers say they want faster deals, but what do they mean? They want more value for the time they are spending at the dealership.

:banghead:Filling an empty seat at the sales tower with top salespeople who also want to stay friends with everyone on the floor, add a lack of training, and they don't always make the best leaders and managers. Making sure to train and enforce processes isn't always their strong suit. Even with a great sales manager who is excellent at enforcing those processes, salespeople often skip steps or want to move on to the next customer after they get the “yes," and often F&I Managers don't/can't do an interview.

:poke:Connected cars and OEMs' shift to being data companies has prompted owner app sign-ups to be required and tied to OEM money. Additionally, the service walk and other touch points are becoming vital in scoring as high as possible on post-sale surveys and maintaining CSI, which is also starting to get tied to OEM dollars.

OK, Kelly, we know this, so what?

Well, dear DealerRefresh friends, I want to tell you what I think was the best new tech at Digital Dealer Las Vegas this year: ZipDeal.

:bow:Every dealer should have this tool - period.

It fills the gap from when customers say "yes" until they head into the finance office. It's fully customizable with forms, images, and videos; it gets 100% of your process done 100% of the time with 100% of the buyers.

OK Kelly, so what does it "DO"?

Great question: What do you want it to do?
  • What do you wish your process was at this time?​
  • Intro to key staff?​
  • Verify the spelling of their name, email, address, and the like?​
  • Download the owner app?​
  • Walk the service lane?​
  • Set 1st service visit? Identify what they want to know about their new car?​
  • Pick their favorite radio stations so they can get set before delivery?​
  • Tell you where they visited you online?​
  • Answer F&I interview questions?​
  • Learn about a few of your top protection products?​
  • Take a look at the top accessories for their new ride?​

:hidepc:This list could go on and on, but each of those and basically anything else you want can be built into this digital format. Information per module can be texted to your selected staff member, retained for marketing and analysis, and relayed to various digital partners. So after the customer says "Yes," they get handed an iPad and it takes off with your custom-built pre-delivery process. You can even have an intro video as a "thank you" and tell them how the following pages will help expedite their process.

OK, Kelly, I'm sold. What's next?

:woohoo:Well, Let's talk! You can email [email protected] directly, or if you want to PM me, I can answer questions about what I've seen of the tool or you can send your contact info and I can get someone in contact with you.

Cheers!
Kelly Sue

P.S. No It's not my tool, but I DO think every dealer needs this just like they should Uncle Joe's new toy to get the car seen and sold in the first place!