• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

This Unhinged Thanksgiving Dealership Commercial Though

I will say being from the area of Fred Grote market, people hate his commercials. I will say though that they do pump out some units into the market. When we talk about auto marketing with friends (imagine that, when we go out, we talk the car business), people will always bring up Fred and how annoying the commercials are, but they do work and keep the dealership top of mind. He blasts the radio waves and TV ads here and it works for him.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
I will say being from the area of Fred Grote market, people hate his commercials. I will say though that they do pump out some units into the market. When we talk about auto marketing with friends (imagine that, when we go out, we talk the car business), people will always bring up Fred and how annoying the commercials are, but they do work and keep the dealership top of mind. He blasts the radio waves and TV ads here and it works for him.
When I sold television advertising the saying went that the worse the commercial was the better it was. All that mattered was that people remembered it.

Reactions: Alex Snyder