• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Uncle Joe's Make Over Diary

The best damn simple to use organizer eva! https://trello.com/tour

Y'all owe me a good tip for this one!

Free !?!? I'm in!

Beats the heck out of paying for basecamp or apollohq .. and appears to be easier on the eye and to use.

EDIT: ehhh .. See 'Business Class' is like $25/mo. Need some more review time before I start toutin' it. lol.

Reactions: 1 person
Free !?!? I'm in!

Beats the heck out of paying for basecamp or apollohq .. and appears to be easier on the eye and to use.

EDIT: ehhh .. See 'Business Class' is like $25/mo. Need some more review time before I start toutin' it. lol.
Business Class gets you more control over people in the organization, but you can do a heck of a lot without. (Put it this way, a mid-major FIRST team here usually has a $30-40k annual budget. I'm doubting we'll need to upgrade.)

Good to know! Hmmmmm....can I negotiate a new salary based on combining yours and my current one? Will be trying this approach as soon as I'm done pecking this post out. Thanks Joe :)

And I second Trello. *It* is free and the free version absolutely has gotten the job done for me over the past 12+ months of using it. Killer collaboration and/or task management tool.

I tried Trello for a bit.. ended up back with Asana.
I also spent some serious time with Podio - Podio has so much potential and can cover so many bases in one application.

I used to be a nut for these things - tried a different project/task management app every month.
For some reason I could never adjust to the way Trello wanted me to do things.

Reactions: 1 person
I've intro'd my son Michael to you all. He's the PPC guru that runs his own PPC shop, helping Dealers like Sachin max out their PPC ROI. He's put out some PPC tips FYI

It just so happens his twin brother James (a Lieutenant in the US Army) owns an automotive site that specializes in Car Owners manuals Just Give Me The Damn Manual.

Somehow... my son James 'the content junkie' Pistell has figured out to be Reddit's top Automotive site I have spent hundreds of hours compiling thousands of owners manuals. I've hosted them all online for free (no ads). Let me know what you think : cars He's rockin' it over at Jalopnik and has been interviewed several times. He ranks higher than most OEMs for owners manuals and he's over 50k uniques per month. 2012 Hyundai Sonata Owners Manual

That being said, he's discovered something that I think is verrrry interesting. Looking at his analytics (He's google cert'd), He saw this chart and was stunned
New-Car-Manuals.jpg

DAMN! What's up with the 2013 owners manual traffic? Could it be new car SHOPPERS looking for rich content (that only an owners manual can deliver)? Here's his blog post:
Do People Consult Owners Manuals Prior to Buying?

If you want to see if it can help you sell more cars, link to his site and use https://bitly.com/ to track the clicks.

If you do it, Let us know how it goes!

Show-rooming in car dealerships is rampant, yet, I don't hear anyone talking about if its impacting sales. Anyone have some thoughts here?

Screen+Shot+2013-11-26+at+8.38.15+AM.png

Example: WHY PUT PRICES ON WINDOW STICKERS!!

I am seeing some Great products turned to junk by executives that don't use or understand the product & think more success will come from MORE UI improvements... Can you think of any great products that now suck?

Tweetdeck
Apple Maps
Google web maps on my iPhone
Google maps app (what genius thinks i need to complicate pinch views by adding "map tilt"?)