• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Using Text To Communicate With Internet Leads

ajholland

Boss
Nov 29, 2009
First Name
Aaron
Does anyone have a good system they are using to respond to internet leads with text messages. Not as a main communication method, but possibly after your quote is sent out, sending a message that asks "I sent you the quote on the (model), did you receive it?"

Aaron, you can't always be assured the number provided by the customer is one that will go to a cell phone. Also as seen by the article attached by Stefan, not wise to sent a text unless a customer has opted in. I personally get peeved when I get text messages from companies that don't have my permission.

To answer your question, most good CRM's have the ability to send a text from the CRM.

Reactions: 1 person
Yo aaron, the best thing to do is to add a form to your website to have people inquire via text. You could also have a check box on the form that opts in to the form....I believe. We have a product similar to this in beta. Just be careful because Lithia got hit hard!

Don't know how I feel about that... Great idea, bad idea.

Salespeople get used to texting after seeing them check it on the box.
They get frustrated and too eager and start texting customers when they don't pick up the phone or reply back to the e-mail..
Next thing you know, lawsuit.

Aaron, you can't always be assured the number provided by the customer is one that will go to a cell phone. Also as seen by the article attached by Stefan, not wise to sent a text unless a customer has opted in. I personally get peeved when I get text messages from companies that don't have my permission.

To answer your question, most good CRM's have the ability to send a text from the CRM.

I agree with Jerry, you should not text a customer without their requesting it first. We use our CRM tool to send a request to opt-in before sending a text. During the process, we let the customer know that texting is an option for them, and if they indicate they want to receive texts, we then send them the opt-in text first. Great news - when they do text, they almost always buy...

Reactions: 1 person