• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Verified 3rd Party Leads

SporterAMC

Green Pea
Oct 2, 2012
First Name
Shelly
Im new here, so hoping to get some input :)

Would anyone be interested in phone verified internet leads? Not just robo called leads, but leads that are actually called by a person, verified to ensure the contact information is correct, verified to ensure the customer is actually in the market for a vehicle, these leads may also contain additional information such as model and options that customer is looking for etc. These leads would then be passed to the dealer along with a copy of the verification audio file. Thoughts?

Im new here, so hoping to get some input :)

Would anyone be interested in phone verified internet leads? Not just robo called leads, but leads that are actually called by a person, verified to ensure the contact information is correct, verified to ensure the customer is actually in the market for a vehicle, these leads may also contain additional information such as model and options that customer is looking for etc. These leads would then be passed to the dealer along with a copy of the verification audio file. Thoughts?

Shelly, we here on DealerRefresh frown upon promotional posts. I'm watching this thread to be sure this was not your intent. Please tread lightly and lets keep the discussion based solely on the question at hand - "Would anyone be interested in phone verified internet leads?"

I believe I'm going to initially agree with Kyle. Seems like a hassle for the customer especially after knowing what their inbox typically looks like after submitting any information through any "price quote" website.

A phone call isn't just a phone call. What is being said during this call to verify and how far do you go with the verification? Are there qualified questions being asked?

How much will I find out about this prospect? And would it be worth it? I'm thinking highly unlikely.

Jeff,

A dealer that specializes purely on hard-core financing will find this attractive.

I have some friends in that market and they don't even like my Craigslist postings because they "Only" get calls or emails. They WANT a SSN and a full credit application.

Shelly, we here on DealerRefresh frown upon promotional posts. I'm watching this thread to be sure this was not your intent. Please tread lightly and lets keep the discussion based solely on the question at hand - "Would anyone be interested in phone verified internet leads?"

I believe I'm going to initially agree with Kyle. Seems like a hassle for the customer especially after knowing what their inbox typically looks like after submitting any information through any "price quote" website.

A phone call isn't just a phone call. What is being said during this call to verify and how far do you go with the verification? Are there qualified questions being asked?

How much will I find out about this prospect? And would it be worth it? I'm thinking highly unlikely.

I understand. It's not my intent to market it here, just looking for professional feedback and opinions.

The call a customer would get would be fairly quick and simple: "I was calling about your recent internet inquiry indicating your interest in a <brand>? (If no, thank and end call) (if yes, proceed). Great, what model and options are you looking for? What is the best way to contact you? Thank you for your time the dealer will be following up"

With our current program we have found that customers provide a good amount of information to us, and really want a quote.

This would be for new car and secondary finance.

Thoughts?

I initially thought 'He.....ck no', but then I started to think. We used to have "leads" from GM (I believe they were called GM Handraisers ) and they were pretty much information from people who filled out a form to get a free t-shirt or hat. The leads would have a fake address, e-mail, phone, and maybe fake name. lol. Sometimes we would get 100's of these at a time. Since the CRM would automatically mark an e-mail as invalid we wouldn't have to worry about that. So we would waste time on the ISM's calling a number that is out of service or a wrong number.

Also, second chance leads alot of the time would have the wrong number or number that went out of service over time.

So in-response to your original request. I would say that it would be beneficial to some leads like GM Handraiser's and 2nd chance if it could detect if the number was invalid and automatically integrate and/or update the record in the CRM. Make sense?

Cliffs: yes, in some scenario's if the price is right

11729286.jpg

PS - I would totally do the same thing for a free t-shirt. Not hat though .. obv.

So in-response to your original request. I would say that it would be beneficial to some leads like GM Handraiser's and 2nd chance if it could detect if the number was invalid and automatically integrate and/or update the record in the CRM.

I agree that if could be beneficial for the handraiser "leads" and possibly other special circumstances, but not for mainstream.

I would also have to wonder what the handoff to the dealer would be like from the customers perspective? Too many handoffs (the lead verify-er to the internet sales person to the sales manager to the regular salesperson...) gives the impression that no one wants to or is able to help... too many middlemen.

I agree that if could be beneficial for the handraiser "leads" and possibly other special circumstances, but not for mainstream.

I would also have to wonder what the handoff to the dealer would be like from the customers perspective? Too many handoffs (the lead verify-er to the internet sales person to the sales manager to the regular salesperson...) gives the impression that no one wants to or is able to help... too many middlemen.

That is where I am looking for additional input. Since the phone verification is fairly simple (Just calling to confirm your interest....), the handoff would be fairly simple as well (....thank you for your time. ......the dealer will be following up.) As far as too many handoffs and/or middlemen I think a lot of that is on the dealership itself. Customers don't want to have manager after manager placed in front of them, when that happens is when customers get the impression that no one wants to help or that games are being played, in my mind those are old school tactics. I was an internet manager at a large Toyota dealer for 7 years, our internet department was run by a great director who sat in the same office with us, helped us with our customers and only stepped in when needed. We were allowed to give price, lease payment, etc. The only time the customer was approached by our director was when their was an objection that we couldn't overcome or to thank them for coming in, then again our entire dealership was very against the manager step in, its a dealership that truly empowered it salespeople...but it also showed in our great sales numbers month in and month out. Then again thats a whole different topic, lol!

I tend to agree with you, Emily. I know from working in a BDC that there have been times when contacting a customer, they share their regret with sending out inquiries market wide because of all the calls they're getting. From there, the challenge is to set an appointment very carefully. So to think someone externally might be making the decision for the dealership to determine the validity of a lead, it might be iffy or could even result in a lost sale. People buy from people I would rather be the first contact to make that decision.... my thoughts.