• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Video Question

Jason Walter

Hat Trick
Jun 6, 2009
First Name
Jason
Looking for everyones opinion...with homenet I can embed a You Tube video on my vehicle details page...my question is would you do that or would you just add a You Tube icon on the page so when they click on the icon they go to that video on our You Tube channel. That way they can see some of our other videos.

My first inclination is to embed the video like I have done in the past....less clicks for the customer.

wont other videos show if you link to you tube? Might be better to embed if it cuts out the link backs to other videos. Dealer.com has a video editing toolkit that we use so we can eliminate hosting on another site so I haven't done that much with You Tube lately.

Jason,

I have harassed Homenet into yet another marketing project. We're creating a video system, its in beta, but you can see it in the links below.
We shoot the video(s), save it by stock#, FTP them up, then it's automatically is routed to the Vehicle Detail page. We do 60-120 videos a month. No YouTube commercials, no YouTube "Other Videos" at the end.

Phase 2, is to collect these videos by segment (cars, MiniVans, SUVs, Trucks, etc) and create a theme based video player. We'll have a SUV TV landing page, and push it out to our theme based sattelite sites: UsedSUVKing ? The Largest Selection of SUV's in New York, All Priced to Sell Fast!

Questions?
Send me a message or call me

Last edited:
Your vehicle details pages is usually one of your dealer websites highest converting pages. I would shy away from linking out to another site from that page. Especially a page with videos that could possibly engage the customer enough to forget what they were doing on your site.

Keep the video on that page and allow the customer to find your youtube page on other informational pages within your dealer website.

TY Alex.

Its amazing what you can get done if you work 70 hours a week for 14 months!

The Team at HomeNet has to be commended. We go way back... I've been working with them on improvements to webiol since 02 or so. My 1st project with them was the "strikeout and re-name" tool needed to re-write those god-awful options. I put a ppt presentation together, sent it to them and they saw the light! If you've ever been in webiol, my work is right there :tiphat:

Ever since then, they roll out the red carpet when I call. A very smart and dedicated bunch they are and a pleasure to work with!

Last edited:
Hey Joe,

Thanks alot! The people at Homenet are great to work with especially Renee and Tammy. Question, who should I speak to about it? I normally work with Renee on the vidoes I have uploaded but like I said earlier they were embeded so I am not sure if that is Renees area or not.

Glad to hear the comments guys...just wanted to get some opinions on the issue. I have my used car managers on board so we are going to start popping the videos out next week!

btw..grat job on the Videos!

Last edited: