• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Warning for Elead CRM dealerships on customer service

Jul 27, 2021
Awards
First Name
Scott
Just wanted to share a disturbing development about Eleads. We have multiple clients on the platform currently.

I was workign on helping them with an issue last week. Tried to call Eleads support multiple times. Each time, I was on hold for over 20 minutes before deciding to abandon the call. One time, I did left a voice mail with no response. The following morning, I tried again, and after another 20 min on hold, I was able to reach someone. I spoke with that rep (who was losing his job at month end), and our Performance Manager who both told me the new ownership (an Indian company named Genpact) is in process of moving much of support to an overseas support team.

This is a familiar story. This store had actually made the switch to Eleads last year from Dealersocket, because after the sale, customer service became an afterthought. Dealersocket support now closed at 430 PST. No more Performance Manager.

Now it appears that Eleads is going the same route - cost cutting and profits in lieu of taking care of their customers. THe CRM is lifeblood of every dealership - the center of your customer journey. Our company exists to help dealers improve their CRM processes, and maximize their CRM utilization, but we can't do it all. We still need a solid CRM partner to help us help dealers, especially on a platform like ELeads that limits back end access.

If you are a current Eleads client, I would strongly suggest starting to look at your options. We have seen this road before, and it's not pretty.

We are CRM agnostic- I have worked in nearly a dozen of them. If you would like some independent feedback on your options, please feel free to reach out.

Brian Pasch hit on this recently too:

Brian Pasch on LinkedIn said:
IN RELATED NEWS

Related to this fading greatness story are numerous complaints about ELEAD CRM customer support. Wow. They once defined the category of best in class support.

Just wanted to share a disturbing development about Eleads. We have multiple clients on the platform currently.

I was workign on helping them with an issue last week. Tried to call Eleads support multiple times. Each time, I was on hold for over 20 minutes before deciding to abandon the call. One time, I did left a voice mail with no response. The following morning, I tried again, and after another 20 min on hold, I was able to reach someone. I spoke with that rep (who was losing his job at month end), and our Performance Manager who both told me the new ownership (an Indian company named Genpact) is in process of moving much of support to an overseas support team.

This is a familiar story. This store had actually made the switch to Eleads last year from Dealersocket, because after the sale, customer service became an afterthought. Dealersocket support now closed at 430 PST. No more Performance Manager.

Now it appears that Eleads is going the same route - cost cutting and profits in lieu of taking care of their customers. THe CRM is lifeblood of every dealership - the center of your customer journey. Our company exists to help dealers improve their CRM processes, and maximize their CRM utilization, but we can't do it all. We still need a solid CRM partner to help us help dealers, especially on a platform like ELeads that limits back end access.

If you are a current Eleads client, I would strongly suggest starting to look at your options. We have seen this road before, and it's not pretty.

We are CRM agnostic- I have worked in nearly a dozen of them. If you would like some independent feedback on your options, please feel free to reach out.

We've been an eLead dealer for MANY years. I have some decent connections to some higher-ups. I'll see if they're willing to offer some information around these issues.

You are lucky if you got someone on the phone within 20 minutes. We take close to an hour before they answer. We have multiple issues outstanding with them for weeks. This has been going on for months at our store. We have just now started to look at other companies, just so many of them out there that all claim to be latest and greatest. Just need one that does the basics well, easy to use for a salesman, and that has good customizable report capabilities. A lot of CRM's have lost sight of this not understanding who is using their product.

You are lucky if you got someone on the phone within 20 minutes. We take close to an hour before they answer. We have multiple issues outstanding with them for weeks. This has been going on for months at our store. We have just now started to look at other companies, just so many of them out there that all claim to be latest and greatest. Just need one that does the basics well, easy to use for a salesman, and that has good customizable report capabilities. A lot of CRM's have lost sight of this not understanding who is using their product.
Sorry to hear aout your experience. I definitely feel your pain. We have worked in most of them. Happy to give you input if you'd like to chat. Feel free to email me - [email protected].

Eleads support has definitely taken a dive. I have noticed it as well. I have sent the usual management suspects an email asking for some assistance. They are aware it's an issue and "working on a plan" is the answer I received. They did remedy my issues. I just shouldn't have to escalate for normal run-of-the-mill stuff.

Reactions: THEINTERNETCOACH
Thanks Jeff. Curious as to what they tell you. Not a good situation.

@THEINTERNETCOACH you obviously have valid issues and concerns. As with any company going through new ownership and big changes, support seems to be one of the most affected departments. I have send you a Direct Message, so please be sure to check you DealerRefresh DM inbox.

That sounds like a nightmare, we have been using the Webxloo CRM for over a year. Their support team is very responsive and keeps us updated when resolving issues for us.

Not familiar with Webxloo, first I've ever heard of them. Looks as if it's not automotive exclusive, yet offers a ton of features. Feel free to elaborate on their services and how you went about making the decision to use them vs the industry CRM providers...