• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Website Walk Around: Columbiana CJD

Daniel,
My opinions are aimed at selling more cars. Take what you'd like, plz don't take anything personally, here they come...

Pictures sell cars. The car is still NOT the star on your VDP.
upload_2015-10-22_14-41-1.png

Your finance CTAs push your car to below the fold. You can't sell financing until you land them on a car (Gumbys will always find your finance forms).

See this:http://whereisthefold.com/www.colum...t-Camaro-001f1de90a0a0065012b8375e8434b7b.htm Look at the red lines, anything below the red line is what others DONT see.

100% of your shoppers can't see the full car when they land on your VDP.
100% of your shoppers can't see the price because the chat covers it.

Pictures sell cars, your "Tell a friend/Power of 2 AND the football field is so busy it takes eyes away from the car. Plus, your phone number on your pic does not match the number on your site. If you need help with professional graphics, ck out sites like fiverr.com
https://www.fiverr.com/categories/graphics-design/creative-logo-design/#layout=auto&page=1

You want 100X more chats? Swap pics
From:upload_2015-10-22_15-5-48.png to: upload_2015-10-22_15-7-35.png(or any kind-hearted shot like this)

Why? People who dont know you see the smiling guy with the pointing finger and think used car sales man...
upload_2015-10-22_15-2-31.png
https://www.google.com/search?q=used+car+salesman+meme&espv=2&biw=992&bih=771&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIwtDjruHWyAIVRSceCh3zfAkw#tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CQvwALaXsnMOIjjmqVmEFIKY5IxIKpdoLBHnY2cf3mc30A9RxyhGwTtJwpY0W0YZzVYIUQw8TT4IRWsZbOxp02IESioSCeapWYQUgpjkERfhhYLTmv3mKhIJjEgql2gsEecR39e7WIIhj54qEgljZx_1eZzfQDxH4gqupZ8ZfTyoSCVHHKEbBO0nCEZbcmvX41FdwKhIJljRbRhnNVggRS5n9NbVIlr8qEglRDDxNPghFaxFrFIHy1oobbyoSCRls7GnTYgRKEVvmFaM1i9ba&q=used car salesman meme

Empathy is the hardest part of design.

"Empathy is the feeling that you understand and share another person's experiences and emotions"

Take off your car guy hat and put on your car shopper hat. Think like a shopper.

Reactions: DanielRobison
Very good information! I took it all in and made some adjustments. I have the chat drop down showing up after a minute (it's was set to 4 seconds) and moved the financing to the bottom of the page. Also, even though I personally like the finger pointing smile, you make a valid point. So I change the picture to this.

curly.jpg

Not really! I really change it to this.

danieljay.jpg

Now that I think about it, maybe Curly is better!

Thanks again for all your input. Still waiting to hear from someone with a better website with better activity! Give us your link. Let's learn together!!

Thanks again for all your input. Still waiting to hear from someone with a better website with better activity! Give us your link. Let's learn together!!

Looking better!
Until someone better comes along, you'll have to deal with my lucky guesses ;-)

WHAT'S UP WITH THE SCREAMING CAPS?
http://www.columbianachryslerjeepdo...-Enclave-a1423ebe0a0e0ae874fe26cd0a19662d.htm
upload_2015-10-22_16-22-2.png

Comments are a conversation with your shopper, you'd like to offer them a summary of the most important aspects of this car. CAPS IS CONSIDERED YELLING. IT MAY LOOK LIKE IT'S JUMPING OFF THE PAGE, BUT ITS HARDER TO READ THAN PROPER TEXT (plus you want to calm down that pushy used car salesman vibe).

... Who's having lots of success with their website? Especially a low bounce rate and people staying on your site for long periods of time. Here's my stats for Columbiana. Time on site avg 8:18, conversion rate 2.8% and bounce rate 24.93% (a big jump from last year at 16.14%). But our conversion rate is up 31.3% so more people are turning in to buying customers or, at the least, potential buyers. With dealer.com you are limited to their "cookie cutter" website so anyone with stats on their site that are knocking it out of the park let us know what your doing and give us a link to your site. Thanks again!

Daniel,

Be cautious when comparing your website stats to any other dealer's stats. It will lead you draw conclusions that can ruin your business. If you'd like to know why, it's all in here. forum.DealerRefresh is full of examples where we talk about this.

Your best stats are your historical stats. Look back and track your progress (or lack of progress ;-) It's the cleanest data you'll have.

Some notes:
Time On Site is highly dependent on the dealer's profile. Uncle Joe Rule #121: "car dealers are like snowflakes, no two are alike"

Conversion Rate is a sloppy number. You want to focus on which forms are being submitted. Focus on the forms with the highest closing rate. Try to ignore the others that waste everyone's time.

Speaking of conversion rates, if you improve your site, EXPECT your crappy leads to convert at a lower rate.

Bounce rate is YOUR problem. What I mean is looking to other dealers wont help here. Next, a service customer coming to your website for a phone number is a bounce. Next, look for bounce rates on PAID ADs. Squash any paid ads that have a bounce rate that is > 2x your avg bounce rate. After this, you can pretty much reduce the importance of bounce rate.

HTH
Joe