• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What in the Heck is Going On With my Dealer.com sites in Google SRP's?????

I am a first time poster, so, gentle wolves...anyone on here who knows me, knows brevity isn't my strong suit, and I hope this wasn't too rambling and this was informative.

We love our Dealers.
We love Refreshers.

Andy!!!! :hello: and welcome dude. It is about F'n time you made an appearance on DealerRefresh :thumbup:

I'm thrilled to see you here and can vouch for you to the community. Folks, Andy is a good friend and can take any crap you throw at him (that's not an invitation). He's also pretty damn witty so expect a good retort if it is justified.

I'm glad to hear some insight is being found. Also sounds like ole' Peter earned himself a 30 day job extension.

Stay tuned as we will have Andy join us on a RefreshFriday in August.

Reactions: Andy MacLeay
HA! Thanks Alex and John! I do have fairly large soldiers...but jelly soft emotions.

We are in the car biz don't we all live and die on 30 day cycles? As far as I am concerned Pete hit a homerun on that turd some GM bought wrong from his friend, but is too deep in to send to auction! He should be slamming unlimited Heady Toppers and Ben & Jerry's this weekend! :dance2: (<---did I do that right?)

Seriously though - will try top keep on top of this thread and look forward to chatting in August...

Guess we have the premium package, as my #1 listing is jacked up.
upload_2018-7-27_13-30-49.png

What seems really odd, is if you do the site:<DOMAIN> search, you get wonky results. Just searching for dealership name brings something like this:
upload_2018-7-27_13-31-46.png

No cached metadata issue.

Hope the new Matt Cutts can help DDC fix this.

• Useful
Reactions: Andy MacLeay
Thanks for the insight ChrisR and Rick..you can email those examples and any others you surface to [email protected] I'll get them to our teams.

I am trying to stay constructive here, like we said before...Google's webmaster seems to think the issue is on their end with their predictive methodology, could it be something on our end, sure, and we are working it, its affecting other platform providers as well...thanks for the folks who are trying to add to an open and honest dialogue here!

Last edited:
Yep, said it in a previous post also. I just want to reiterate it seems to be a Google user experience issue for some platforms.

We do have examples, but I am not in the job of calling out competitors or other platforms publicly, just feels wrong, and I wont do it. I understand if you disagree or think I am just making that up to pull heat off ourselves. I am sure they are aware of it themselves and if they are reading DealerRefresh and want to chime in, happy to let them. Hopefully our work towards a solution helps them also.