• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What techy gift did you get over the 2012 holidays?

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
Many of us dealerrefreshers are hard-core technology gadget freaks. So speak up, what cool gadget was under your Christmas tree this year?

I'll get us started...

Nike Store. Nike FuelBand - this gadget is quite awesome. Track your workouts and daily activity. Also makes for a cool watch and conversation piece.

nike_fuelbracelet.jpg

http://www.jawbone.com/speakers - These little speakers rock!

jambox-silver.jpg

http://www.jawbone.com/up - I'm currently wearing both the UP bracelet and Fuel bracelet. Though the UP is quite different as it's more of a lifestyle gadget as it tracks not only your daily activity but also your sleep patterns and what food consumption.

Jawbone_up_braclet.jpg

TASSIMO Country Selector - the barcode scanner that makes the perfect cup of coffee is what alloes that to make the gadget list.

TASSIMO_SUPREMA.jpg

Last edited:
Re: What favorite techy gift over the 2012 holidays?

So, I hadn't heard of the Country Selector...under a rock I guess...but I completely need that now. For as many gadgets as we all have, and I want and have plenty, I'm not afraid to admit that I received an actual and factual, hold in my hands, book. That's right.

hold in my hands, book.....?
complete1.jpg

I'm a wicked techno-geek so most things typically have a battery and some kind of screen. This year it was the:

Garmin S3
Philips Hue
and a "gift" to my fiance, the Nest. But that was part selfish because I wanted to check it out and see how it worked compared to the Insteon/Venstar.

Reactions: 1 person
We had a "no technology" Christmas since there is enough of it year around! But I did get these two fun things!

The "Pull My Finger Pen" - was in my stocking - funny enough our dogs gave our 6 year old the same thing, so now we have a matching pair!

I didn't get any, but gave a few. My two favorites were these:

v2header1.png

I got Sphero for my sister - way fun. Actually more fun than I thought it would be. She's running the dog ragged with it.

ht_Nest_iPhone_jp_121001_wg.jpg

I got Nest for my parents and am now wanting to get one for myself. Home automation is getting to be easy and amazing.