• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Which CRM will have iPad support? More importantly, WHEN?

I agree with you. CRM's need to support multiple browsers. The above stat is great but take a look at the industry you work in. While the majority of DR's readers are tech savvy and up on the latest and greatest the auto industry is a little behind.

In regards to the iPad- How many CRM vendors do you think have, "iPad integration" on their list for development in 2010? (Matt just added it to his list) I'm not saying it's a bad thing but there are probably a couple better ideas in the suggestion box. Keep in mind, the iPad isn't even out yet. Furthermore, how many dealers are willing to fork over the $500 plus monthly service fee per person so their internet team can look cool?

Shouldn't be a monthly fee because they can use WiFi in the dealership and not use the 3G from AT&T.

$500 is no different than buying them a PC or laptop. iPad could potentially replace it and not be in addition to... but I'm thinking a netbook or cheap laptop would be much more practical.

Purchasing an iPad without the 3G web service is like purchasing an iPhone without it. How many people currently buy into that?

Sure it could potentially replace a PC or laptop but you said it best... a netbook or cheap laptop is more practical. How about a PC OR any computer to start?

We tested our entire CRM on an iPad. It works perfect for salespeople. We have dealers already using them everyday to use our system. At so many dealerships the salespeople don't have their own computers. So it is a perfect solution to let salespeople grab one and do their follow up from anywhere on the showroom.

We have a couple things that will never work because of the Flash/Silverlight limitations. But for a salespeople and the most common uses it is perfect.

So our CRM works great on the iPad and we also have a special mobile version of our system as well that works for iPhone, Blackberry, Android, etc.

Another thing to think about... the iPad will run windows remote desktop and citrix clients. So you can use the iPad to remote in to a windows PC that is running software that wouldn't otherwise work.

I use the remote desktop client at work quite often to log in to my PC to do things while I am running around the office in meetings.

I use this for remote desktop and would recommend it. Little pricey but worth it at $11.99

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/itap-rdp-client-remote-desktop/id317062064?mt=8

Matt - I think the question is whether a CRM company will code an app for the iPad - not whether your web-based CRM works inside the iPad's Safari browser. Besides, if your entire CRM isn't even fully working in the browser then you technically can't say it is working "perfectly".

As for apps, I like this:
Salespeople & Service writers: iPhone/Touch
Sales Managers, F&I, Aftermarket & Parts counter: iPad

I wonder if there are any forward thinking companies already going this route? :)

Matt - I think the question is whether a CRM company will code an app for the iPad - not whether your web-based CRM works inside the iPad's Safari browser. Besides, if your entire CRM isn't even fully working in the browser then you technically can't say it is working "perfectly".

As for apps, I like this:
Salespeople & Service writers: iPhone/Touch
Sales Managers, F&I, Aftermarket & Parts counter: iPad

I wonder if there are any forward thinking companies already going this route? :)

I would avoid writing an iPad specific app unless it had to be done that way. You can do most things through the browser and that provides a lot more flexibility and gets around the dreaded app store. Not to mention you don't have to program in Apple's special programming language and can reuse existing assets.

Plus you can develop an interface optimized for touch and it will be able to run on multiple devices and not just Apple's.

Oracle announces the Siebal CRM support for the ipad.
Siebel CRM users can take advantage of iPad to easily access powerful Siebel CRM data in real-time. The iPad is user friendly it is easy to make notes in it. An Apple iPad CRM integration with Contacts,we can see much more than just names and numbers.