• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Who are the Great Ones Among Us?

Rob Fontano has done some serious optimization to control Google Page One. He implements social media to not only provide customers with some "extra stuff", but keeps them abreast of worthy specials. He's been a big pusher of video and also does a lot of traditional to Internet marketing.

If I just go down the list, you posted earlier in this thread, I can put "check", "check", "check" next to just about everything.

Alex,
Thanks, It's an honor to be included in these ranks and it means a lot coming from one of our industries true leaders.
Rob

Time to update the list of player's that are way ahead of the pack. To start us out, all 3 of these are players worth Bookmarking.

Boston Toyota Scion Dealerships | Acton Tewksbury Littleton MA
Virginia Beach Car Dealers | Auto Dealers in Virginia Beach, Norfolk Virginia
Auction Direct Used Car Superstore - The Best Used Cars For Sale - Visit Us Today | New York Used Cars | Raleigh Used Cars | Jacksonville Used Cars

Do you have a favorite dealer site that breaks out onto new ground, or, executes flawlessly?? Do they have fresh content? Are they committed to Video? Do they own the Search Engine Results in your area?

Please post your nominee here and why you find them noteworthy!

We have many forward thinking dealerships that deserve mention for their incredible work online - a site we're really excited about is for Park Place Dealerships - Park Place Texas | Dallas | Fort Worth | Plano | Mercedes | Lexus - They are a mid-sized group with many hands-on employees that push to make the web an important part of their continued success.

Would love thoughts on it.

We have many forward thinking dealerships that deserve mention for their incredible work online - a site we're really excited about is for Park Place Dealerships - Park Place Texas | Dallas | Fort Worth | Plano | Mercedes | Lexus - They are a mid-sized group with many hands-on employees that push to make the web an important part of their continued success.

Would love thoughts on it.

Len,
If you think Park Place stands above the rest, throw us some insight into why. Mid size dealer with Hands-on employees is the start, what do they do that makes them stand out?

Do you have a favorite dealer site that breaks out onto new ground, or, executes flawlessly?? Do they have fresh content? Are they committed to Video? Do they own the Search Engine Results in your area?

Toyota Sunnyvale. They have 20 people in their Internet department and did about 3600 units online out of a single point Toyota strore during 2009. This is the 9th largest Toyota store in the country.

Catherine,
300 units a month is very impressive, they must have a killer management team, but what are they doing that we all can learn from?

Catherine,
300 units a month is very impressive, they must have a killer management team, but what are they doing that we all can learn from?

Toyota Sunnyvale has been using ResponseLogix for several years. Adam Simms is the GM and he has posted the following quote on other forums:

"Most of us are looking for ways to grow our business. We have 20 people in our internet department and did about 3600 units online out of a single point toyota store in 2009. We have been using Responselogix for several years. I can't imagine anyone trying to seriously run a significant internet business without this tool. it helps us get to the customer first, and our team is able to focus on getting the customer on the phone to find the vehicle that works for them. We are the 9th largest toyota store in the us and would not have been able to do it without ResponseLogix."

I know we don't always agree but my favorite site right now is Alex's www.checkeredflag.com.
I have to say I found the old site way too busy but this one really kills. I just wish we had someone with the style and grace Christine brings to the videos. I really want to do more videos like them but just don't have the budget to hire someone with her talent. She really brings a touch of class to the whole site and I'm sure helps make them as good as they are. A single point Acura dealership just can't do what they do but I really, Really want to. Maybe some day. That doesn't mean I don't think we're one of the good ones. Just not great yet!

You might want to add Tracy Myers Winston-Salem Used Cars - FREE Lifetime Warranty - Frank Myers Auto Maxx to this list and Tom White Suzuki of Wichita | Kansas | New cars and used cars | #1 US Dealership I think both are doing an exceptional job with social media marketing and branding online.

Todd,

C'mon, throw us something to sink our teeth into!

For example, I know Tom White/Suzuki of Wichita has found a successful way to get the "vibe of the store" on it its web site. What are they doing that you find noteworthy?