• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Who uses both, Black Book and Kelley Blue Book trade appraisal tools, on their site?

Black Book Credit Activator(BBCA) looks to be detached from the VDP, so I'd see it working as a stand alone on the Finance page.

IDEA 1) The BBCA LIST
Black Book takes my inventory feed & presses it against BBCA query results, asks more questions (i.e. monthly budget for auto) and produces a BBCA shopping list (disclaimer, disclaimer, disclaimer). This would make an excellent PURL page.

Black Book Credit Activator(BBCA) Shopping assistant.

IDEA 2) BBCA "YES!!" icon
BBCA system produces credit score projections and BBCA asks if they'd like a "shopping assistant" to help them find opportunities that match their proposed budget. Shopper agrees and creates CCBA membership login (at dealer site). Behind the scenes, Black Book takes my inventory feed & presses it against the BBCA members Credit score results and downpayment and budget range. This produces a personal BBCA "YES!!" list. Matching vehicles sit on a file that my web site calls. If "YES!!" = stock#P55467, then "YES!!" icon is displayed on SRP and VDP.

Phase 2, the BBCA Automatic Lead Generator.
Each BBCA Member has built a dynamic query that drops it's results into a members "YES!!" file. Each evening inventory is refreshed and any NEW matches are emailed to the BBCA member and a dupe is emailed to the dealers adf address (dealers CRM input) so the previously assigned sales rep can interact with it.

Now we're hookin' the stealth shopper with super personal results! A great set up for highly productive repeat visits!

BBCA mod idea. Keep workin' that bad score.

We all know Bad things Happen to Good People...

QUESTION:
Just when has Mr Good fixed is poor score?

IDEA:
For those people with marginal or poor scores, BBCA dishes out credit help newsletters and follows them for months/years and invites them to re-test their score. If I were running BBCA, I'd find credit repair agencies that want my lead list (read" new revenue). Once the credit has been repaired, BBCA resells that lead to dealers "Congratulations, your Credit repair work looks great!"

Sorry to go off on that BBCA tangent.

When it comes to tradein valuations, customers know these tradein valuation websites will never cut them a check, so they have no "real" authority.

From my seat, I'd really like to present all three valuations in a simple table.

.........Kelly.........NADA.........Black Book

3 Site Average: $12,550

That result would have "more" authority than the stand alone site.

I've been asking for this solution for ever! Can someone build this for me???

Leave it to you Joe to take to another level.

Though I like every suggestion you've brought forward here.

I have a feeling BBO is trying to duplicate the same simple success they have with their trade piece...low maintenance, simple, easy to use but more importantly easy to sell very profitable.

One feature you point out and would have make a lot of sense would be integration with the inventory. So as someone was on a VDP and answered to this Call to Action, the vehicle information would carry along with the lead. This is an easy piece to add. I would suggest this being the first added feature for Credit Activator.

Maybe BBO will grow this piece out with some of these other features as well.

Never saw this thread...

We use Blackbook on our Chevy / Cobalt site... (really that name caused much confusion until the Cruze... and still does)

and I just started trying "Accuprice" from Galves on a microsite of ours... might keep both or might move both site to one vendor...

Both really work as expected... not much surprise in a tool like that

I have experimented with multiple dealers using BlackBook, BlueBook, and GetAutoAppriase (NADA)

I really like http://getautoappraise.com/ for a couple of reasons:

1. They let you shut off the NADA branding - it looks like the appraisal is coming from YOU, the dealer.
2. They "range" the trade in value. And, to be honest the value is pretty spot on.
3. They allow you to "pad" the range if you want. Add/subtract a %% based on your needs and wants. Getting aggressive? Up the value. Having a problem with inventory? Lower the value...etc.etc.
4. They let me put custom scipting on the pages so I can track conversion with GAnalytics.

I also get the most bang for the buck, the product is priced right. And, I do believe that removing the branding is a huge help. People IMO are lower funnel by the time they get to the dealers site...they have already been to blackbook/bluebook, etc to get the value. Showing their trade appraisal tool makes it less likely the consumer will complete the process, and you lose out on the lead.

Drew, I'll second your comments here. I have getautoappraise plugged into my Nissan dealership website.

I love the added features it has over the other services. Barry has done a great job with the tool.

In the end, I will say that the leads closing ratio is the same (as it should be) compared to blackbook trade leads. The lead capture count between the 2 are about the same as well.

GetAutoAppraise gets you the added features and IF you use and work these features along, it's can yield some better results over the competitors. IF you are going to set it and for get it - it's a draw between the two.