• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Who's using Who's Calling.com and do you feel it's worth it?

You have to listen to the calls. I would pick up ten plus deals every month just calling people back when the salesman dropped the ball. We may have sold a vehicle but had the twin in recon. There may be an incentive plan that the customer knew about but the salesperson didn't. The salesperson may have been a poor match for the customer. It isn't only about critiquing the calls, training and making sure that they are logged into the CRM.

I find that it becomes really time consuming and difficult to weed through all the calls that come in. For us, 3rd Party sites like AutoTrader, Cars, KBB, etc. are fairly easy because the vast majority of those calls are sales calls (the other 10% are wholesale, etc.).

The most difficult calls to weed through, imo, are the website calls and calls from local listings (google, yahoo, yelp etc.). We'll sometimes have someone call the sales # from our website and ask for parts or service, or call the service # asking about a vehicle. Then the listing sites are all over the board from hours & directions to vendors to service/parts to someone who drove past and looked us up on their phone.

I don't see how you can possibly listen to 100% of these calls, unless that's 80% of your day, without some kind of help from an outside company. We have to cherry pick which ones we listen to, and that's most of our 3rd party site calls and a couple website calls.

I find that it becomes really time consuming and difficult to weed through all the calls that come in. For us, 3rd Party sites like AutoTrader, Cars, KBB, etc. are fairly easy because the vast majority of those calls are sales calls (the other 10% are wholesale, etc.).

The most difficult calls to weed through, imo, are the website calls and calls from local listings (google, yahoo, yelp etc.). We'll sometimes have someone call the sales # from our website and ask for parts or service, or call the service # asking about a vehicle. Then the listing sites are all over the board from hours & directions to vendors to service/parts to someone who drove past and looked us up on their phone.

I don't see how you can possibly listen to 100% of these calls, unless that's 80% of your day, without some kind of help from an outside company. We have to cherry pick which ones we listen to, and that's most of our 3rd party site calls and a couple website calls.
Josh, It really is time consuming. Having separate source numbers helps. Having a bridge really makes a difference: "push 1 for sales", "2 for service ..... " Getting other Managers on board, understanding the importance, is key. How often do we hear "buy-in" on DealerRefresh? These are motivated, bottom of the funnel, buyers.

Hey Josh,

Doug hit on one below but there are a few different ways to streamline the process:

1.) Use a bridge to offer callers 1 for Sales, 2 for Parts, 3 for etc. This allow you to separate the calls accordingly.

2.) When pushing to CRM, just push certain phone lines and/or just send certain extensions. For example, on a bridge send the Sales extension to the Sales bucket of CRM, Service to Service, etc.

3.) Finally, ask your call tracking provider if they can categorize calls. We've worked aggressively on a solution after dealers repeatedly explained this same problem to us. "We love call tracking and the recordings, it's just too much to sift through....". Our human reviewers listen to every call and answer a simple question: Did the call reach someone who could help them? Was it an inventory call? Was an appointment requested? What was the outcome of the appointment request? This funnel of call categorization gets the best calls in your hands quickly and also allows for missed opportunities to be followed up on. Other vendors offer opportunity alerts or call categorizations, the context and nature varies though.