• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

WTF??.....I totally blanked all weekend

MauricioVincenzo

Full Sticker + Prep
Feb 24, 2013
First Name
Mauricio
We sold 16 cars this weekend and I sold NONE.......WTF??.....should i quit?.....is this a sign from the car gods?........I am at a Ford dealership in Modesto, CA. I came from the VW dealership in Tracy, where I was the #1 salesperson in January with 12 cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........I'm getting a lot of "I'm NOT driving today......I just wanna see what's out there"..........and I say, no problem, let's just make sure you like the car, I'll open it up for you......and then I do a presentation and say "We have to make sure it's comfortable for you, let's take it for a spin around the block" and then I get "I told you I'm NOT driving today!!!!!!!!!!!".........I don't get it.........there are guys that have 6 or 8 cars out already on the 5th of May.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Seems like something is off if people are saying they don't want to look around and not drive a car. Maybe since your new to this Ford store you don't have the same product knowledge prowess you did as the #1 guy at the VW store you worked at and that it's harder for you to build value and excitement first.

I'd try not to pressure them so quickly for a test drive. Heck, maybe disable the use of the word test drive for awhile. When you get a fresh up go with a, "let's go look around" approach. Sooner or later they'll v-line to something and this will be your opportunity to see if you can build enough excitement over the vehicle to the point that they ask YOU for a test drive.

It might be worth going the extra mile to maximize this moment to squeeze every bit of contact info out of them that you can before you get the keys for followup. Those guys with 6-8 cars out by the 5th probably didn't get them from fresh ups.

You can be number 1 in this store too.