• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Ya Gotta Love DealerRefresh

ddavis

Boss
Jun 28, 2011
First Name
Doug
I was just visiting a couple of Automotive Internet related websites. What becomes apparent is the number of self-serving vendor blogs on these sites. These are not really "blogs" but finely veiled advertising for everything from social media, SEO/SEM and PPC, reputation management and all sorts of training. I did notice a good article from Ryan Leslie that had some good information without the self promotion but they are fairly rare.

Reactions: 6 people
Doug,

Can't tell you how much I appreciated reading this! I owe any non-pitchy posting behavior to DealerRefresh! I always try to think before I hit submit "Would Uncle Joe, Alex or Kershner let this post on DealerRefresh?" If the answer is no, I go back and rewrite.

I try to follow the examples of Ed Brooks, Jerry Thibeau and yourself. If you genuinely try to help people FIRST, you never need to sell yourself, right?

I may post in other forums occasional, but DealerRefresh is my community!

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_04 Nov. 08 11.28.jpg
    ScreenHunter_04 Nov. 08 11.28.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: 9 people
There seems to be a different culture on DealerRefresh. Many of the original cast has ventured to the dark side but you don't see the self promotion like on the other sites.
I was on DealerElite and noticed that the first ten "blogs" were all vendors. On the right, where you see who is online, all but one was a vendor.

DealerRefresh is the best! We need to continue to cultivate new additions and talent. Really push smart individuals onto the forums. I remember when I first started on the forum, Alex called and emailed me everyday until I posted! If we want this blog and forum to really blossom, it's time to get new blood!

DealerRefresh is the best! We need to continue to cultivate new additions and talent. Really push smart individuals onto the forums. I remember when I first started on the forum, Alex called and emailed me everyday until I posted! If we want this blog and forum to really blossom, it's time to get new blood!

Absolutely! Just today, Ralph Paglia posted a poll on LinkedIn on which site you prefer: The Poll

There seems to be a different culture on DealerRefresh. Many of the original cast has ventured to the dark side but you don't see the self promotion like on the other sites.
I was on DealerElite and noticed that the first ten "blogs" were all vendors. On the right, where you see who is online, all but one was a vendor.

The dark side? Lets say some of us have transitioned over to bring more clarity and light to the "dark side". Let's all agree, having more people that understands the dealer side, contribute to the vendor side will only make our industry better.

I'm more involved with DealerRefresh than anyone could imagine. I read each and every thread and comment for moderation. However, I need more time to comment and participate. There's more moving parts to DealerRefresh now than I would've ever imagined when I started this back in May of 2005 Dealer Refresh Article Archives - Automotive Sales Marketing Blog

We have some lofty goals for DealerRefresh in 2013. And we need you help! Help continuing to building the dealer community. Help getting more "LURKERS" speaking up and participating. To also help achieve this we have hired someone. About time.... I know.

When I started this I wanted a place to meet new people, collaborate, voice opinions, get best practices from others in the trenches or even from top influencers on the service/vendor side that I trust. We never set out to be the biggest the loudest nor a platform where vendors have a majority voice. DealerRefresh is a great place to form relationships, find out about new trends and industry news while providing a place where all alike can share. We will always stick to this mission or move on.

We thank everyone for their support and participation and look forward to continue to give back in 2013.

Reactions: 6 people
Absolutely! Just today, Ralph Paglia posted a poll on LinkedIn on which site you prefer: The Poll

ahhh, Good ol Ralph and his skewed "I want to be most popular polls". Not our style here on DealerRefresh. We have NEVER posted a popularity poll nor will we ever. Too high school in my opinion. Not saying its wrong, just not our style.

Jeff, the reason why these sites are "popular" might be the fact that allow, even encourage, self promotion by vendors. When you take a close look at some of these, you find that many do not have roots in our industry. Having spent a lifetime in the retail area, I question the value of many of these offerings.