• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Your sales for March 2011 ? Good ? Bad ? Even ?

danoneil

Boss
Apr 16, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
I read the news that Japan auto sales plunge 37%. LINK

My store ( Honda) had a pretty good March finishing 92% of goal.Other Honda dealers in the Baltimore area had very good months as well.

How did March go for other dealers ? Good ? Bad ? Even ?

Due to the situation in Japan, this month could be challenging.

Please keep the people of Japan in your thoughts and prayers.

As a GM dealership, we aren't as directly affected by the earthquake--I think only Canyon production was paused (and they aren't exactly the fastest sellers to begin with)--but hopefully things will turn around over there pretty well. (I've got a college friend living over there who seems to be largely back up and running.)

We're about 95% of our goal for the month, though a couple of deals might still go before our cutoff to push us closer.

We were up 30 units year over year. We did 25 off of e-mail leads vs. 4 last year. Ran 18% closing which was better than our usual 13-15%, but the lead count was down despite some additional marketing efforts...a little frustrating.

Our service did benefit from the marketing efforts. They had their best month in about 5 years.

Here is hoping that you all have a great April. It's starting to feel like the business may be in a real rebound.

Last edited:
We were up about 85% year over year. We were the number #1 Select Ford Dealer in the USA last month. We finished 3rd in our Zone in Dodge sales. Needless to say we killed it. Even better when you consider we are in a town of only 10,000 people!!:cool: