• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Key Systems for Car Dealers

Re: Key systems

Out of the electronic systems I agree that GE Keyadvantage is the most convenient as the keys are right at the car. We do have one dealer that bypasses the "box will not close without keys in it" feature by putting pennys in the slots so when you open the box it is empty. I would be quite upset if I spent a large amount of $$ on a system and the lot guys were bypassing it with a penny

Yeah, that's kinda disturbing. Anyone with a current KeyAdvantage system want to test?

I put in a request for contact from both Keytrack and Keyadvantage. Neither one care enough about me, so I guess I'm sticking with KeyVault for lack of competition.

Sad really when the customer sends you an email and you can't be bothered.

We started about a year ago looking for a key system that is cheaper then all the others and yet allows us to manage keys in a simple none confusing ways like all the others that I've read about. The company is called PrimaKeys.com.

We found after using them for a few months that benefited the company that I'm working for tremendously. It's more then a key safe system. In fact it's much different then the traditional key safe system where the keys aren't in a huge lock box where you have to use a finger to get keys. All the keys have a tag on them and the sales associate scans the keys in and out when getting keys. In addition, they provide several very useful applications that every dealership should have.

Best of all, they are affordable. I think our dealership signed a lease agreement for $780 per month for two years. After that the system is the dealerships. However, it's my understanding that in order to get support and updates the remaining package after the second year is something like $200 which also includes support.

Like I said, we had it for a few months now and we are impressed...