• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

AI (Artificial Intelligence) - Anyone Benefitting from it?

clasione

3rd Base Coach
Apr 14, 2021
Awards
First Name
John
Among all my spam I receive on a daily basis I was just delivered a second or third message about Hammer Corp's "Hammer AI" - whatever that is.

Is anyone using AI in the dealership or dealership software that is actually benefiting their sales?

I saw recently that both Edmonds and CarGurus are using AI to assist shoppers with a chat bots to answer questions:

I love the new AI as far as work flow time savers when it comes to generating content that is not intended for search engines.
But is anyone using AI technology in a creative way to build technological tools or increase lead volume?

I have a BS detector for evaluating companies that talk about AI. If you use this approach it will help automatically sort out some of the worst offenders. Steal it, use it:

If the company's name has AI in it - 1 point
If the domain's url extension is either .ai or .io - 1 point
If they use the words "proprietary", "invented", "patent pending" anywhere on the home page - 1 point
If on their LinkedIn page the % of non technical people to technical people is over 50% (this gets harder to measure with big companies) - 1 point

Anything > 2 points is dangerous territory and you should protect yourself at all times. I am not saying every company that meets this criteria is bad btw. Some are just misguided in the short term and trying to standout. However, the concentration of bad actors is higher than average...

Among all my spam I receive on a daily basis I was just delivered a second or third message about Hammer Corp's "Hammer AI" - whatever that is.

Is anyone using AI in the dealership or dealership software that is actually benefiting their sales?

I saw recently that both Edmonds and CarGurus are using AI to assist shoppers with a chat bots to answer questions:

I love the new AI as far as work flow time savers when it comes to generating content that is not intended for search engines.
But is anyone using AI technology in a creative way to build technological tools or increase lead volume?
I had posted for our sales dept's sales app specifically, we use AI to generate responses to incoming leads etc. as opposed to static templates. Rep chooses topic and its generated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 1.52.59 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 1.52.59 PM.png
    712.3 KB · Views: 25
If the company's name has AI in it - 1 point
If the domain's url extension is either .ai or .io - 1 point
If they use the words "proprietary", "invented", "patent pending" anywhere on the home page - 1 point
If on their LinkedIn page the % of non technical people to technical people is over 50% (this gets harder to measure with big companies) - 1 point

I agree with your point system. You're not new at this. I also agree with AI being the latest buzz-word and I think most non tech business people can easily fall for an AI enhanced sales pitch, because they keep hearing about AI, are eager to get involved somehow, but know nothing at all about it, so those fishes are not far from the hook to begin with.

I had posted for our sales dept's sales app specifically, we use AI to generate responses to incoming leads etc. as opposed to static templates. Rep chooses topic and its generated.

Not a bad use-case Todd. I've heard of that, and for those who have no other way to answer that customer inquiry after hours, I think it is a pretty decent solution, and I don't even think shoppers would mind it much, so long as a human actually follows up to help.

Reactions: jon.berna
A few days ago, I think on December 6th, Google released something new called Gemini Pro in Bard (whatever that is) with an API for Developers (Gemini API).... If only I can think of something really good to do with it on website (besides answer questions which can be simply done on their website anyway), I would like to start implementing it.

How to Use Google’s Gemini AI Right Now in Its Bard Chatbot

Reactions: Will G.
AI can definitely help car dealers if done correctly. I started playing with that about a year ago and testing new ways to increase productivity/performance.

Not always easy, but it's fun & not going away.

No, it's not perfect, but neither are humans lol.

If you haven't seen it already, I posted a video a couple of weeks ago of an AI Phone Rep/Agent I created for a couple of dealers.

Any feedback from all of you guys is always welcome: Car Dealership AI Phone Agent Video

Reactions: clasione
There definitely is alot hype / smoke and mirrors surrounding AI.

This weekend, I'm finishing up an article "Practical Uses and Limitations of AI in Enhancing Auto Dealership Customer Experience." I'm eager to cut through the buzz and get down to what really works. Once I finish, I'll post a draft to hopefully get some good feedback. There's more AI than what you see in ChatGPT..

Also, for an interesting perspective on AI, take a look at Brian Green's video "AI: Grappling with a New Kind of Intelligence" (You Tube).

@Marc Lavoie
If you haven't seen it already, I posted a video a couple of weeks ago of an AI Phone Rep/Agent I created for a couple of dealers.

Any feedback from all of you guys is always welcome: Car Dealership AI Phone Agent Video

You're video's volume is very low so it is a little difficult to hear.... But the technology looks incredible. You can still tell the person is speaking with a bot so it will all depend on consumers' comfortability with doing so, but the information and training ability is really amazing. Unfortunately, we're going to be surrounded by this so much in the future. We're all going to be talking to bots at initial contact.

• Useful
Reactions: Marc Lavoie