• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

AI (Artificial Intelligence) - Anyone Benefitting from it?

• Hilarious
Reactions: Will G.
Look at this AI Chatbot mess.

AI chatbot deployed by car dealership went off the rails; accepted offer of just $1.00 for 2024 Chevy Tahoe.

This is the same one that was brought up, here is more on it:

Yes Fullpath was rushing to get this live for NADA, Yes they didn't train the data and thoroughly test it. Normally this would never become a big story and we wouldn't even know about this. But it's news when Open AI doesn't work. Anyone that remembers the Watson chats from 5-8 years ago knows how bad those were at first. Their team is smart and will fix it fast.

If anything a whole bunch of dealers found out Fullpath is pushing hard and innovating and will check them out. So probably good for them.
Aharon Horwitz has been all over it so credit to him.

Here is Aaron's response also: What Really Happened When Fullpath's ChatGPT Chatbot Went Viral - Fullpath

Just launched this utilizing AI:
describes the services/benefits of each pending request line if the user when viewing their service video sent to them wants further explanation (they click the little 'info' icon for each.
AI takes the description given and returns roughly 3 key reasons to do the work.
Advantage is there are 1000's of opcodes and getting decent explanations would take forever to hard code.
And its safe to assume not everyone can see the benefit of changing a balljoint or even know what it is for sure.

Attachments

• pendingscreen.png
    pendingscreen.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: JDHigginbotham
Cool! What software are you using to manage the service experience?
HI Doug, built it inhouse in 2018 initially. Looked at all the others, tried some. Integration was the main fail. Didn't really integrate properly. Taken it to the point now that we have 80 videographers (full time job doing video for service customers), specific app we built to produce them and we now have gone so far as to pull the service lines (requests, pending requests) into the customer facing page, allow them to pick and choose their services, calculate the shop supplies, taxes and so on and allow them to OK it from there.

Also tied in the phone to be 'smart' as well should they call us back after watching the video. Incoming calls are checked for open RO's, if open RO, they are presented with different choices. "If you are calling about Todd's 2019 Chevrolet Silverado and wish to speak to your advisor, press 1", "Press 2 and we will call you back" type of thing. After store hours the call gets responded to differently as well.

Also integrated texting so they can do that (preferred by us) and it comes into our system, flags the advisor and they can respond via text on the same phone number you received your video. And you have the option to 'get notified' via text the moment your vehicle is completed. Shows current work status of your vehicle top right.

Game changer for our group. No double-keying suggested repairs, pulls all from opcodes, pushes into DMS when approved and changes status etc. in the DMS, ability to break out the costs for added transparency and allowing them to choose the suggested repairs. Nothing does that really well so we did our own.

Helps to keep our call volume low as we do over 600,000 one-to-one videos per year just in service across the group. Sample pic attached.

Also extended subscribing to vehicle so we can show on dealer sites allowing spouses etc. to subscribe to vehicle when complete. Finally we have a 'TV' version for instore service waiting rooms (pic attached). It cycles through the day's repairs showing their current status.

We have a separate tool for video for sales dept and finance.

Attachments

• samplescreen.png
    samplescreen.png
    210.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 8.35.08 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 8.35.08 AM.png
    488.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I started doing some deep dives in AI recently.
Here's my rant. :rofl:

Ai for software stuffs:
It's great to get you up and running with a new feature.
it does great for telling you how to setup a WordPress site.
It DOES NOT help your code at a senior developer level.
It will help a senior developer to code new features and same some time.
It would be like asking me to drop your engine. It will hit the floor.

Ai for search:
Ai is great in place of googling things like for finding odd random tidbits of information.

Ai content generation is slightly better than google translations and will eventually get de-ranked by google for SEO.

I hate AI phone roulette. It's like dealing with Fedex. Fedex will send you between the app and the website and neither does what you want.

I really would like to know how chatGPT can help a dealership.

A.I. has been helpful for our team from emails, to blog content, to data analysis and forcasting.

Outside of getting your team experimenting and using it, ensuring your data is captured and organized is maybe even more important. The more organized data you have the more you can push it through A.I. tools especially as they continue to innovate.

I think the benefits for companies like mine Nationwide Enclosed Auto Transport - Intercity Lines in the short term are pretty decent, but long term it'll be critical to have A.I. heavily integrated into your business with employees productively using it to a high level. Like the internet, but maybe even more.

A.I. has been helpful for our team from emails, to blog content, to data analysis and forcasting.

Outside of getting your team experimenting and using it, ensuring your data is captured and organized is maybe even more important. The more organized data you have the more you can push it through A.I. tools especially as they continue to innovate.

I think the benefits for companies like mine Nationwide Enclosed Auto Transport - Intercity Lines in the short term are pretty decent, but long term it'll be critical to have A.I. heavily integrated into your business with employees productively using it to a high level. Like the internet, but maybe even more.
How would you have your company absorb it into its inner workings?