• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

All Call - Digital BDC

Curious as to why everyone is bashing the idea of outsourcing a BDC, especially why the idea of outsourcing is equal to "giving up"? Our job is to sell cars at the end of the day and if outsourcing will help us handle our leads, why is that a bad thing? Call me a quiter all you like, if I am selling more cars than you and at higher percentages, why does it matter if my BDC is in store or on the other side of the country?

At the moment, our BDC is a little short staffed - we could stand to add at least 1 person, if not 2. Given the cost of hiring a new person and training and having to replace them if they don't work out, I've been thinking about the idea of Outsourcing a bit of our leads. Depending on the cost (and results), it could be smarter to pay a 3rd party to handle some of our leads rather to hire someone outright.

hmmm, since our company name has got stuck in this thread I'd thought I'd weigh in.

First of all, you are all right. You should do everything you're saying, especially when it comes to training your FLE's to be great on the phone.

In some dealerships, usually small franchise dealers or independents, outsourcing makes tons of financial sense. No personnel costs, no training costs, no turnover, no absentees, etc., as long as the conversion is there. Our average cost per sale to a dealer is around $50. You can't get there with 2 reps and a manager. These dealers aren't giving up, they've found a solution.

Dustin, thanks for sticking up for us!