• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
We are dealing with a few reviews from someone that hasn't visited our business. We look in the DMS and CRM, nothing to be found with their name. As well as nobody in service recalling the situation. We have replied and asked them to reach out to us with their concerns and reported to google. Still waiting on google's "pending decision".

I am hesitant in wanting to deal with a company like this as well due to the same concerns you all have with access to the business profile etc.

I was asked to look into these companies, and I appreciate all of your feedback and thoughts!
just because you don't see the name in your system doesn't mean it's not a legit review. People can use different names (not their real names) on Google accounts... and also, someone may have called, and not bought, so they wouldn't be in your system.

it's important to remember that no one expects ANY business to have a perfect review score - in fact, a few bad reviews actually help you get conversions because you look more "real"

your best bet is to leave a strategic response that says something to the effect of "hey, we checked our records and don't have any record of you coming in or talking to us. Not sure why you'd leave a review with a different name, but we'd like to find out who you are so we can make the situation right" - this does 2 things: 1) makes it immediately look like a fake review (Even if it's not), and 2) lets people know you care about your customers. Then it won't do any damage

(and for sure, don't use one of those review removal companies - they're all shady as F and can even get your GBP suspended for suspicious activity)

just because you don't see the name in your system doesn't mean it's not a legit review. People can use different names (not their real names) on Google accounts... and also, someone may have called, and not bought, so they wouldn't be in your system.

it's important to remember that no one expects ANY business to have a perfect review score - in fact, a few bad reviews actually help you get conversions because you look more "real"

your best bet is to leave a strategic response that says something to the effect of "hey, we checked our records and don't have any record of you coming in or talking to us. Not sure why you'd leave a review with a different name, but we'd like to find out who you are so we can make the situation right" - this does 2 things: 1) makes it immediately look like a fake review (Even if it's not), and 2) lets people know you care about your customers. Then it won't do any damage

(and for sure, don't use one of those review removal companies - they're all shady as F and can even get your GBP suspended for suspicious activity)
Thanks, Greg! I appreciate your reply! That is how I handled it with the response. Thank you for all of your knowledge over the years. I watch and read a lot of your content after seeing your presentations at Digital Dealer in the past.

I read the 3 star and 2 star reviews for Amazon products. because people actually tried to give a score.
Also, all the bad information pops out.
A 1 star could be a competitor or a person who got offended by the packaging or something.
5 star reviews are mostly bought and paid for it seems.

So, if someone writes crap about you, I try to consider if the customer is a jerk or has a legit claim.

Like others have suggested, following up with, "Here's my contact, let us sort this out." Has always been a response I liked seeing.