• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Any one using cargigiautos.com service ?

I was just pointing out that some of the dealers in Dans group have been on the cargigi app under another reseller/name. I did not know if he knew they were the same.

You are right, I did not know there was another reseller. As a matter of fact,I am getting a little confused.

Does cargigi access my inventory via homenet ? Or does Homenet offer a similar service ?

Could you clarify that for me ?

I received some feedback from a couple of dealers in my company that did not have success with cargigi.

"We really didn’t see any success with this company. Customers only picked up the phone to call when we didn’t list a price for our vehicles. Generally the Craigslist customer was only looking for vehicles under $10k. Unfortunately we can’t pick and choose which inventory gets uploaded to Craigslist. ******* only receive about 3 leads a month for their whole group."

I received some feedback from a couple of dealers in my company that did not have success with cargigi.

"We really didn’t see any success with this company. Customers only picked up the phone to call when we didn’t list a price for our vehicles. Generally the Craigslist customer was only looking for vehicles under $10k. Unfortunately we can’t pick and choose which inventory gets uploaded to Craigslist. ******* only receive about 3 leads a month for their whole group."

We get at least 1 or 2 calls a day and usually 1 or 2 emails a day from our Cargigi CL ads. (Looking back we had about 50 calls/emails last month and sold 2)

For the price they charge it is well worth it... you cannot expect to get top notch leads for pennies on the dollar...

In November we sold an Express van and a Hummer from Cargigi leads...

We do not list prices and of course get a lot of BS leads, but at a low price that is expected. Your staff needs to actually be trained on how to handle someone calling and asking for just a price that will usually be too high and get a hang up.

CarGigi is fairly unique when compared to other CL auto-posters (and other classified listings.) CarGigi uploads a jpeg/gif/bitmap of a vehicle ad instead of an actual text ad. The purpose is to store as much info w/in the photo (via FTP pulled from VMS) and post the ad successfully w/o getting ghosted. This program does offer a "live market monitor" desktop, however please note, this is also used a squid proxy to post from the dealers location, so keep it running 24hrs/day.

CarGigi will post 100% of a dealer's inventory over a 7 day period (i.e. 1/7 each day.) I avg. 3-5 calls per day on used inventory. I prefer a different CL strategy...