• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Are there any Dealerships using Mobile downloadable apps for Iphones/Androids ?

The only way I'd want an app is if it came with a boat load of WIFMs.

I might be interested in the app...

• If the app automatically reminded me when I needed service
  • If the app knew I was close to the dealership and knew the instant oil change bays (or free wash bays) were not backed up
  • If the app got me a "member's discount" without asking
  • If the app pinged me if a recall came in and served me up an appointment system
  • If the app tracked my "lifetime value" and helped me qualify for "platinum member's special services"
  • If the app would allow me to silently "opt in" to open the door to purchase/tradein offers (without a pesky call)
  • If the app allowed me to text in a referral's name and the bird-dog and life time value credits would happen automatically
  • If the app would quietly sit in the background and keep it's mouth shut

Could that be solved with a little data mining? For instance, you could look at the time stamp of the sales receipts for particular services over the course of a year and figure out what days and times are historically heavy. Then when the person fires up the app it compares the time stamp on the phone with the info in your database. If it's at a historically low volume time you could show them a green light, etc...

It would't be real-time but it would be close.

Perfect list Joe. Number 2, I would have to do some investigating on.

Here's one way to tell the app user if there's any line in the express service or car wash bays:

Web Cam(s) in the express service area.

It's far from scientific, but, it's highly intuitive (aka self explanatory). Plus, you get the big water cooler bonus "look at what my app does..."

Speaking of platinum app member services, another WIIFM* for the end user could be a special App concierge.

The app would have a dedicated phone number that dials directly into the app concierge. The concierge has one mission, help make the platinum members experience best of class.

App concierge should also be the member's advocate. App concierge get's its "power" to get things done by having express access to the GM/Owner for those moments when the platinum member is getting boned.

*Whats In It For Me?

Joe, to follow up a bit. The technology to know your within a radius of the dealership and to be pinged is there. The webcam idea has actually been talked about and being pursued in development. The concierge idea will be talked about and explored in next weeks dev meeting, great idea.

We recently integrated some very detailed analytics into the apps that we provide for dealers.
What we are finding is if the Dealership informs their customers about it, they use it!
This client of ours holds a "Welcome Meeting" once a month for their new customers and this is where they tell them to download the app among other things.

Here are stats for the past 13 days of this month for 1 of our apps.

112 New Users (New Downloads)
429 Sessions (The app has been opened that many times)
54 profiles created (Customer name, vehicle information, insurance information)
19 Service Appointments made
63 Social Visits (facebook page, youtube, twitter)
17 Calls to Dealership

We recently integrated some very detailed analytics into the apps that we provide for dealers.
What we are finding is if the Dealership informs their customers about it, they use it!
This client of ours holds a "Welcome Meeting" once a month for their new customers and this is where they tell them to download the app among other things.

Here are stats for the past 13 days of this month for 1 of our apps....

For a little reference on these numbers, where is this particular client in terms of time with the app available? First month? Third? Twelfth? I'm curious how it flies over a longer term, once the ooo-shiny wears off.

This is their 2nd month. Although I do not see the user not using the app when the shiny new sparkle wears off. We are making sure to appeal to the user by adding more and more features they will find useful. Here are a few of them we already have, and a couple that are about to be released.

- Gas Buddy :finds cheapest gas in the users area

- Service Assistant :looks at date of the users last oil change and 3 months or 3k miles later will automatically popup an oil change reminder (without the app needing to be opened) with the option to schedule a service appointment at that time

- Digital Owners Manual :when the user adds a vehicle to their profile the app will ask the user if they would like the app to download a digital copy of the owners manual for them. If the user selects yes, the app goes out and pulls the .pdf from the OEM website and saves it to the app for viewing.

- Service Coupons : If the user keeps the app they can receive service coupons the dealership offers out through push notifications.