• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Are there BIG coincidences? GSMarketing...

sam99,

I deeply apologize for this issue. I assure you it was simply a mistake and not any ill will. Please send me your store name, and I will have this fixed immediately in the morning (if it is already not rectified).

You can reach me directly at [email protected] or 972-767-5884.

Thanks.

James

Hi James,

Jeremy called me today after it was fixed, but thank you for your offer. I appreciate it.

You know, coincidences wouldn't be so bad if the timing was better... (yes, I know what I did there - it's a funny.;)

It went like this:

Call to Paige: nothing
Email back from Paige: nothing
Email to Paige: nothing
Call to (can't remember her name): nothing
Call to Ryan: fixed
Jeremy call to me: follow up.

But I will follow up and call you anyway. Sometime later this week ok? Thanks!

Sam, Working at dealerships, I made a lot of very good vendor friends and we remain friends, today. In your case, I would be on the phone demanding that it be corrected while I waited. If that didn't happen, I would be asking for that individual's supervisor. As soon as you get the supervisor, ask him how he spells his name. Then ask him who his supervisor is in the event that he is unable to resolve your problem. Always be extremely nice and never curse. A week to fix their mistake is ridiculous. I promise, they wouldn't be thankful for my phone call.

I bet they wouldn't... you scared me with your post! lol

Yeah, the process you laid out does get results.... sometimes.

I've been on both sides of the vendor divide and I can attest to the power of taking names. You sure are right about that.

I bet they wouldn't... you scared me with your post! lol

Yeah, the process you laid out does get results.... sometimes.

I've been on both sides of the vendor divide and I can attest to the power of taking names. You sure are right about that.

I don't want you to think that I employ those tactics, often. In the car business, I have rarely had to. I can only think of one time where I had to go beyond the first supervisor. Unfortunately, that was recently and I replaced that vendor.

I literally, just got off the phone with a vendor that I have been friends with for years. He was in the area and just checking up on me. We will probably get together later to catch up.