• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

AVID Voice ID for CRM logging Phone-Ups

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
I have a feeling this isn't going to go as smooth I would like it.

Starting next week we are going to implement Voice ID for Elead CRM - integration through AVID Technology. AVID will receive a snippet of everyones recorded voice for Voice ID - determining who took the phone-up by recognizing that users voice and then assigning the phone-up to that particular sales rep inside of eLead CRM.

Anyone else daring to get into this FUN MESS?

I have a feeling this is only going to cause more work and chaos. Though I HOPE I'm wrong.

Its actually a great concept - as the old way of "please enter your PIN" at the end of the call was fraught with problems, mainly salespeople forgetting to enter their PIN/Code.

I think the real pain is going to be the logic for a new event/lead vs matching it to an old one. Like, do all calls from same caller ID match and event/lead? For how long? Does it match to unclosed/lost events? Or also to closed/sold events?

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
I'd be very curious about the error rates. A phone call's audio is 8kHz whereas the music you play on any device these days is 44kHz so there is a big difference in quality.

Even diarization - a process of determining who spoke what on a phone call has error rates of over 50% so I wouldn't hold my breath.