• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Books that changed who you are

I'm glad you brought this one back to life Mitch. On Brian Pasch's recommendation I picked up Bob Burg's The Go-Giver and it has certainly changed the way I try to interact around the office.

Agreed, just finished The Go-Giver..... given by Brian Pasch at his awards at Digital Dealer, I'm going to keep the giving alive and pass it on to a salesperson here.

Pretty much anything by Douglas Adams has helped develop my sense of humor.

The Celestine Prophecy and The Alchemist both changed the way I look at my relationships with others and the world.

I also enjoy anything by Hunter S Thompson, but I can't say that I have been changed in any way by his works.

I read a ton! But I'd have to say the three books that changed who I am:
Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
The Richest Man in Babylon - George S. Clason
Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki

The three books that changed who I am in the car business:
0 to $60mil - by the Texas Direct guys
Velocity - Dale Pollack
Trading in the Zone - Mark Douglas

I don't really read any books about people winning, success life stories, fiction, or anything else, etc. I read books on psychology, manipulation, business growth studies, marketing, consumer habits and their explanations, etc to get to the core of the "human nature". Things like how to tell when people are lying, how to be friends with anyone, how to get people to respect you and do what you want, how to mentally change someone's mind, examples on what people like (business or personal), why people buy or do certain things, etc. I guess you could say I'm more interested in being a mentalist and reading people's true thoughts.

Authors today are there to makes themselves look good, I much rather skip all of that and read a book where the author's goal is to make you look good.

I have a copy of Gravitational Marketing - Jimmy Vee in the office here and have yet to read it.. From what hear (from other people) it's basically being the best at something not many people do or don't know about. So you end up "owning it" since you know so much. So you market yourself into a sole niche that you pretty much dominate in through your education and knowledge.