• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Brain Power Needed

101'x10' ... what, are they selling isle spaces now? :) It's a BIG challenge to get people's attention at NADA. We had a 40'x60' booth... and usually was situated across from a major manufacturer, and it still was challenging. I've been to 3 or 4 recent NADA's conventions, and I had a ball trying to come up with something new each year. Working them was also a blast.

I don't have to tell you ... preset appointments with your current clients and prospects to make it look busy -- that helps a lot. I've seen a lot of those 10'x10' people give up early on the last day ... so you really have to hook them.

Where are you located Jerry?

Well this has been a tough decision, especially when you're spending a lot of money on a booth. Uncle Joe is a hard guy to debate and he comes up with some brilliant stuff, so I am going to take his advice and run with it. Joe, you would have made a great Spock on Star Trek! You're just so damn logical!

To get dealers to stop by my booth, I am going to send every dealer who is registered and e-mail and offer them a free Internet mystery shop evaluation of their dealership. In order to see the results they'll need to stop by the booth for a private showing. This is going to create a lot of work for me and my team over the next month. I'll have two Ninjettes working with me who will be capable of giving a demo.

My gift for stopping by is going to be one of these: Phone-up Ninja Gift I thought this was perfect since it holds your "Phone Up" and plays off my company name. Anyone have any clue how many of these I should order?

David, the going rate for booth space was about $32 bucks per square foot. It's a big investment to participate when you add it all up, but I am confident it will be money well spent.

Yes -- our budget was into the six-figures. But NADA exposure brought business that lasted throughout the year and into the next and so forth ...

I would somehow factor in
phone training as a standout sub-head. Believe me, I know that training is perceived as very general with every trainer claiming that they can produce more sales with less advertising. You've got a unique brand and product presentation, so don't get lost in just being another trainer. Your niche is your secret Ninja power, so flaunt it.

Gimmicks and giveaways may seem cliche, but they work. We did a basketball shoot for prizes for years, which brought more people in year after year. We gave it up one year, and people kept coming by asking about it. Even attracting exhibitors made for good partnerships and referrals.

PLEASE
, pump up the Ninja concept and brand visually and creatively. Multiple Ninja cardboard cutouts (on phones) come to mind (crouching, standing, etc ... ) Make one into a photo op ... take your photo with a Ninja. Give away Samurai swords on presentation stands (one a day) for a badge swipe or business card.

I like the phone caddies, but also consider buttons or (more economical) stickers with "I :heart: Ninjas." Then your booth number.

It's not just about getting decision maker's attention, but making a lasting brand impression.

Beauty_and_the_Beast_San_Mai_Katana.jpg