• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Brain Power Needed

... the going rate for booth space was about $32 bucks per square foot. It's a big investment to participate when you add it all up, but I am confident it will be money well spent.

Jerry,

There you have it. How's it feel?
You're a Decision Maker, spending important money on a booth in the HOPES it would payoff. Lets say this is your 10th year. Each year, you've spent more and more. You've had successes and failures along the way, but you've found that no matter how much more you spend, you hit this ceiling. You wonder if your throwing cash away. You come to the conclusion that you sell what you sell and thats it. It's like you hit a ceiling. Your dealers that are decision makers live with this scenario 24/7/365 (that's why I reached out to you!)

PHONEUP NINJA TRAINING BREAKS DOWN THIS CEILING THAT ALL DEALERS HAVE.

Decision Makers often think there is a cap on their stores sales volume, when actually, the Sales reps are the bottle neck in production. You can double the number of ups they get, so it's logical they'll double their output? NOT. Decision makers are very busy and they forget that all marketing efforts flow thru their sales team.

Phone training breaks the bottleneck and raises the ceiling for everyone in the organization... sales, parts and service.

Last edited:
All good stuff guys! I love it.

I actually had a few people call me and I also got some feedback from the vendor building my booth. I made a last minute change and I am happy with my decision. You'll have to come by my booth and see what I did.

I love those business cards and found a place that makes them. I will be calling them later this morning. I am not sure the logistics of bringing a Samurai Sword into the convention, but I like the thought. I might look into seeing if I can find a Ninja to rent for a few days for photo opportunities. All great stuff and I knew I could count on the Dealer Refresh community for some brain storming.

If you have any more thoughts please keep them coming.

A BIG THANKS from the Phone Ninja!

I actually had a few people call me and I also got some feedback from the vendor building my booth. I made a last minute change and I am happy with my decision. You'll have to come by my booth and see what I did.

I love those business cards and found a place that makes them. I will be calling them later this morning. I am not sure the logistics of bringing a Samurai Sword into the convention, but I like the thought. I might look into seeing if I can find a Ninja to rent for a few days for photo opportunities. All great stuff and I knew I could count on the Dealer Refresh community for some brain storming.

I wonder how much it would be to get a couple ninjas doing a sword fight?

Jerry,

Take your list of headlines to your unsold customers (you'll want the ones that make decisions) and ask them to pick which one would pull them out of the aisle.

G'Luck!!

I think you can get away with a blow up photo on foam-core of the sword -- you'll have to ship them out anyway. Have a color photo on handouts also. Few dealers would NOT want that on their office credenza. A unique daily give-a-way will bring attention ... and the sword plays on the brand. A sticker of some kind is visible to others at the convention -- especially if applied by a pretty girl. "Do you :heart: Ninjas?"

Advice from my experience marketing to dealers is, keep it concise and simple, easy to read, targeted and brand, brand, brand. Remember, the majority of the exhibitors are going to be pitching the same premise of "Sell More Cars." Your solution is very specific, and that makes you unique and appealing.

Act like you've spent $90,000 on booth space and channel your inner P.T. Barnum. "This way to the Egress!"

If you were just "Jerry's Phone-Up Training ..." It wouldn't be this much fun!

I have not overlooked your headline Ryan. I am going to find a way to work it in to some of my promotional material. Thanks!

I am not sure I could pull off two ninjas dueling in a 10 x 10 space. That would be cool.

We had a boxing theme going at a RVDA convention one year and I found a real half size boxing ring. We did embroidered boxing robes and gloves -- it was a big hit! (Pardon the pun)