• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Craddle to Grave ISM Pay Plans?

Let me ask this. If you could have the ultimate set up, what would it be?

Remove personalities, remove what ifs, remove what could happen or previous stats.

If you had all the perfect people, how would you set up your sales department??

My ideal situation would be to duplicate the success we have with our 2 person Finance Department to our Internet Department... Strong team work, Strong focus on the prime metric (Finance = $ per car/product penetration; Internet = lead conversion/appointment set ratio). If a metric is closely measured by everyone involved, it is BOUND to go up. For example... For the last month we have eat, sleep, breathe, focuses on our penetration % of our paint/interior protection product (xzilon which is a backend product that we allow our sales people to sell and get spiffed on). We have consistently hovered around the 24-27% range for pretty much the entire year. We decided to do a contest and give away and iPad to the sales rep with the most number of xzilon sales but the qualifier was the store had to be at 35%. With 1 day left in the month we were at 47% when I left and one of the sales people who sold a Fusion Hybrid yesterday now just sold it to the customer on their 2 other vehicle in their driveway. Every day we start our morning meeting by checking in where the stores penetration % is and our staff is just 100% eat, sleep, and breathing xzilon penetration.

I just strongly believe that monitoring and paying based upon our lead conversion will certainly make it increase. Then it is my job to mine additional leads and help increase lead quality and let them maintain the new standard they have set for themselves.