• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Craigslist can work if done correctly

I see where the critiques are coming from now, a guy advertising automotive websites under his signature doesn't like me offering alternative free marketing tips to dealers. You almost escaped under the radar there..... , clever fox.

If you're a smaller scale dealership that can't afford big time marketing going the extra mile on free platforms is going to set you apart from your competitors.

That still doesn't answer my question,

What does a 3D rendering have to do with Craigs List?

Thinking outside the box and adding graphics and video linked back from Craigslist will attain more views; 2003 Bmw 3 Series Convertible For Sale In Riverside CA 92503 - G1 Motorsports

They are improving there interface quickly and adding media might soon be an option, they have recently added Geo targeting and easily visable images pre-loading the complete ad.......,

Another IMPORTANT thing to add is including a direct email link to your sales team because the majority of consumers on Craigslist are searching the site during off hours and by the time they find a suitable time to give you a call they might have already gathered up a whole fleet of competitor contacts. At the least with email you have a concrete source to call back to........,

Thinking outside the box and adding graphics and video linked back from Craigslist will attain more views; 2003 Bmw 3 Series Convertible For Sale In Riverside CA 92503 - G1 Motorsports

You can't attach a video to CL, you can only attach it to the VDP page. So you will not get any more views, what you may get is more leads from a VDP page that has more engaging content. What may get you more views is to say in the template "video available" however we have tested this extensively and it makes no difference. The text in the templates is best used for searchable keywords such as "financing", etc.

They are improving there interface quickly and adding media might soon be an option, they have recently added Geo targeting and easily visable images pre-loading the complete ad.......,

They have not improved their interface--EVER--and to say that adding media will be an option is nothing but speculation. The pre-loading images have--ALWAYS--been there as an option. The recent addition of the mapping main purpose is to throw automated posting systems out of sync and to make it harder to just post volume data.

Another IMPORTANT thing to add is including a direct email link to your sales team because the majority of consumers on Craigslist are searching the site during off hours and by the time they find a suitable time to give you a call they might have already gathered up a whole fleet of competitor contacts. At the least with email you have a concrete source to call back to........,

That is--AGAIN--incorrect. Craigs List traffic starts around 8am and stays up until 9pm when there there is a slight increase at the end of the day from 9pm to 11pm. We have tracked over 500,000 daily live ads over a 5 year period, so I'm pretty certain of this data.

You can't attach a video to CL, you can only attach it to the VDP page. So you will not get any more views, what you may get is more leads from a VDP page that has more engaging content. What may get you more views is to say in the template "video available" however we have tested this extensively and it makes no difference. The text in the templates is best used for searchable keywords such as "financing", etc.

Do you test for conversions, or the customers perceived value of the the business. I suppose people shouldn't take there image into consideration, branding is over rated. It's a link to a website not a Craigslist ad I missed not posting a link......,

They have not improved their interface--EVER--and to say that adding media will be an option is nothing but speculation. The pre-loading images have--ALWAYS--been there as an option. The recent addition of the mapping main purpose is to throw automated posting systems out of sync and to make it harder to just post volume data.

Automated work I see, find a new method
. Never it's a seven year old business if you count it's conception, a modern business will NEVER improve it's business model you heard it hear first. They NEVER make updates but they had a "recent addition"

That is--AGAIN--incorrect. Craigs List traffic starts around 8am and stays up until 9pm when there there is a slight increase at the end of the day from 9pm to 11pm. We have tracked over 500,000 daily live ads over a 5 year period, so I'm pretty certain of this data.

So in a five year period all Craigslist traffic has been static? The mass production and consumption of the mobile device had no affects on Craigslist traffic what so ever?

I am adding substance to the thread, if you dislike it simply disregard it. I haven't the time or energy to waste in an internet quarrel and I am sure this wouldn't be keen for your business image as well. It would've been nice to share thoughts with a fellow countrymen that is in the same field, best wishes!

So in a five year period all Craigslist traffic has been static? The mass production and consumption of the mobile device had no affects on Craigslist traffic what so ever?

I am adding substance to the thread, if you dislike it simply disregard it. I haven't the time or energy to waste in an internet quarrel and I am sure this wouldn't be keen for your business image as well. It would've been nice to share thoughts with a fellow countrymen that is in the same field, best wishes!

Buddy,

You didn't talk about traffic volume AT ALL in your post: http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/craigslist-can-work-if-done-correctly-1454-6.html#post27507 Nor I said anything about traffic volume being static. If you talk about the times when the traffic happens being static (no volume of visits) the answer is YES, it has remained the same over time.

Check the image below (I don;t know how easy it will be to see with the size the website allows to upload). That is a one state wide report for all the makes (active postings) and then specifically for VW inventory (by model). At the bottom there is a graph that shows the time of the day the vehicles were posted and the time of the day we had clicks, views, emails, and calls.

I don't argue with you, I know for a fact that you don't now what you are talking about. What you call substance is just misinformation for the dealers. I enjoy all kinds of opinions n an open forum, but make sure you know that what are say is correct or at least try to have some data behind it before you pass it out.

VW.jpg

I sell 8-12 cars a month from craigslist ads. My dealership is on the edge of town on a dead end road so I can't rely on lot ups. I have seen some great tips in here. I would advise posting through a provider (I use v12software and carsforsale.com) so that customers can click on your post and be directed to the rest of your inventory and credit app. I post about 50 cars a day and cover 3 cities. This works for me because v12 will autopost for me and my cars are priced really well.
Also, don't delete your sold cars. Let people call on the cars and switch them to cars you still have.

I like your style. Very similar philosophy.

So who has the golden ticket? Posting 20 cars per day without using image ads!?

Yago,

I believe you have the Spanish fighting spirit in you suppose you, must have been a matador in a prior life? Ah! my friend you never specified that you were referring to VW Craigslist statistics in particular as I meant Craigslist traffic in general over the past years. And as I can't contend with statistics but we are all very aware that numbers can be misleading and as a end note posting a VW advert is no different than posting a Mercedes advert in theory. But again I don't see how are conversations benefit the public if you'd like to converse over pm or email I am up for it all day long as I see critique as a opportunity for reflection and learning.