• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CRM Comparison and Integration with ADP DMS

eddyshaf

Hat Trick
Jun 12, 2009
First Name
Edward
We are in our final contract year with our current CRM vendor and are taking a look at our options. We have narrowed the search to the top four rated CRM's on http://www.drivingsales.com/ratings/categories/crm-variable-ops - those being:

• AutoBase - AutoBase CRM
  • CAR-Research - CAR-XRM
  • Dealer Socket - DealerSocket CRM
  • VinSolutions - VinSolutions MotoSnap CRM
The basic question here is which of them does the best job of integrating with the ADP DMS?

If I could hear from users of these products and the ADP DMS system first, before the various vendors add their comments, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ed Shaffer

I don't know about ADP integration because I haven't switched over yet, but when I decided to get rid of Higher Gear it was Dealer Socket, VinSolutions, and IzmoCRM on top. Autobase has a decent product, but updates would be slow with a server based solution, and access from outside the company on home computers and mobile phones will be either hard or impossible. I never researched CAR-XRM so I wouldn't be able to give an answer to that one.

Dealer Socket in a nutshell is the best of the best for web-based CRMs. They know this though and you pay a premium. Their support system needs an overhaul though. etickets and web chat are notably missing from the software.

IzmoCRM is a fantastic product that got high marks for ease of use over all the other products when I was comparing. They're also the only one that includes a financing/desking program for no extra cost.

VinSolutions is the company I went with though when it was all said and done. They are almost as easy to use as Izmo while integrating inventory and doing a better job at certain aspects of the program like tracking customer information, support is fantastic, and their mobile client for phones is so simple to use.

I would be very careful in trusting the vendor ratings on DrivingSales. A lot of those are stacked and their ratings system isn't fully disclosed. Only the vendors who pay attention to DrivingSales and push their clients to leave reviews on DS will have a presence. Unfortunately, if you only trust that you'll miss some gems. And please please please don't do AutoBase. How that is number 1 still baffles me.

We use iMagicLab at Checkered Flag and that integrates very well with ADP. You should at least check that one out. As Ghen mentioned DealerSocket is a good one and I bet Jeff Kershner will be able to comment on eLeads CRM very soon.

Edward
Here is a copy of our integration certification from ADP. We have the highest level of integration available with ADP as can be seen from the verbiage in the document below.

December 8, 2009
SUBJECT: ADP’s Third-Party Access Program Participation
Dear Dealer Principal:

As you know, ADP believes that dealerships own their data and should have choices on how best to share and use it. ADP’s Third-Party Access Program lets dealers choose the vendors with whom they want to share data and gives vendors integration options to best serve their dealers.
As a part of the comprehensive Third-Party Access Program, ADP offers vendors Bi-Directional Integration. I am pleased to announce that VIN Solutions’ Motosnap CRM is a participating application in the Third-Party Access Program, at the Managed Bi-Directional Integration level. VIN Solutions operates at the highest level of integration available for your ADP Dealer Management System (DMS).
Some of the features of Bi-Directional Access:

• Elite or Pre-Defined Integration Points (EIPs or PIPs) allow for bi-directional (read/write) and real-time capabilities
  • Allows for monitoring and troubleshooting of integration processes
  • Provides you and VIN Solutions with online tools that give information on their program and any outstanding issues

The benefits to your dealership of doing business with VIN Solutions as a participant in the program are:

• Enhanced features and improvements enabled by ADP’s Bi-Directional Integration
  • VIN Solutions receives advance notification of changes to the DMS, supporting uninterrupted performance of their application and less chance of disruption to your business
  • As an ADP-approved interface, using VIN Solutions Motosnap CRM application can help to avoid the reliability, security, and data integrity risks associated with hostile interfaces

In order for your dealership to realize these benefits, you are required to sign an Addendum to your existing ADP Master Service Agreement indicating your express consent to allow integration and access to your DMS. It must be signed by an authorized person for each of your dealerships.

VIN Solutions has been authorized to use the ADP Approved Interface logo, a sign that you can feel confident about the security and convenience of their access to your ADP DMS.

For additional information on ADP’s Third Party Access Program, please contact us at 888.424.6342 or visit us at adpdealerservices.com.

Sincerely,
Howard Gardner
Vice President and General Manager, ADP Data Strategy Group

DealerSocket's ADP Letter

SUBJECT: ADP’s Third-Party Access Program Participation
Dear Dealer Principal:

As you know, ADP believes that dealerships own their data and should have choices on how best to share and use it. ADP’s Third-Party Access Program lets dealers choose the vendors with whom they want to share data and gives vendors integration options to best serve their dealers.

As a part of the comprehensive Third-Party Access Program, ADP offers vendors Managed Bi-Directional Integration. I am pleased to announce that Dealersocket is a participating vendor in the Third-Party Access Program, at the Managed Bi-Directional Integration level. Dealersocket’s CRM integration to ADP Credit and ADP Desking, as well as its Service Scheduling and Customer Follow-up modules, operate at the highest level of integration available for your ADP Dealer Management System (DMS).
Some of the features of Managed Bi-Directional Access:

• Elite or Pre-Defined Integration Points (EIPs or PIPs) allow for bi-directional (read/write) and real-time capabilities
  • Allows for monitoring and troubleshooting of integration processes
  • Provides you and Dealersocket with online tools that give information on their program
and any outstanding
issues

The benefits to your dealership of doing business with Dealersocket as a participant in the program are:

• Enhanced features and improvements enabled by ADP’s Bi-Directional Integration
  • Dealersocket receives advance notification of changes to the DMS, supporting uninterrupted performance of
  • their application and less chance of disruption to your business
  • As an ADP-approved interface, using Dealersocket’s application can help to avoid the reliability, security, and data integrity risks associated with hostile interfaces

In order for your dealership to realize these benefits, you are required to sign an Addendum to your existing ADP Master Service Agreement indicating your express consent to allow integration and access to your DMS. It must be signed by an authorized person for each of your dealerships.

Dealersocket has been authorized to use the ADP Approved Interface logo, a sign that you can feel confident about the security and convenience of their access to your ADP DMS.

For additional information on ADP’s Third Party Access Program, please contact us at 888.424.6342 or visit us at adpdealerservices.com.
Sincerely,

Howard Gardner Vice President and General Manager, ADP Data Strategy Group

This integration with us is on both the Sales, Inventory, Service, F&I, WebDesking, Web Credit...

We would be happy to get you in touch with any of our ADP customers which include many of the largest groups in the country on ADP.

Best,

Jonathan

ADP just released a new integration platform. Based on Jonathan's post it sounds like VinSolutions and DealerSocket are both using it. If you are an ADP dealer I would highly recommend that you use a CRM vendor that is using ADP's certified interfaces which they just released. It is is called ADP Third Party Access and works very well.

Link to ADP's third party program:
ADP Dealer Services - Third-Party Access Program

Link to ADP approved vendor list: (they list us as VinStickers for some reason)
Approved Vendor List

Our news release about it:
VIN Solutions Becomes an Approved Vendor of ADP?s Third Party Access Program

Hey Alex,

Some of your statements about the Vendor Rating System are incorrect. There are very clear rules that are enforced and disclosed making it a level playing field and a good resource of information.

Rules & Safeguards:

1. Only dealership employees are allowed to leave ratings. The reviews are validated (technologically and with human verification) to insure the reviewer is a dealership employee.

2. All reviewers are published as anonymous (except for their job title). By never disclosing a dealer’s identity we insure the vendors cannot force the dealers to leave positive reviews or be harmed for negative reviews. If a dealer leaves a review it is because he/she ultimately wants to.

3. Ratings, Reviews and awards are in NO way tied to sponsorships or advertising. Furthermore we do NOT block or modify reviews at a vendor’s request. We only block reviews if the reviewer is found to be a fraud.

4. The Vendor Rating directory Wiki (for company & product descriptions) any logged in member can add or edit company page or product info. The community determines which companies and products are rated, many well rated companies are not even aware of the system at this point.
As you see, the rating system is not stacked. The rules are clear, enforced and everyone must play by them.

Disclosure:
Also your comment about our system not being fully disclosed is inaccurate. We publish the rules and other information on the website at: About Vendor Ratings | DrivingSales and published it in our Dealership Innovation Guide that was sent to approx 27,000 dealerships last month. We are very open about the system's rules so anyone interested can learn about them.

Ed is using the system exactly as it was meant to be used, to narrow choices. I suggest one read the comments and take in what is helpful for them, then, engage the companies they are interested in. After gathering as much information from multiple sources make the best decision. Certainly the Vendor Ratings system is valuable in that process.

Let me know if you have more questions about the Vendor Ratings, you know how to reach me. Im sure the more you learn about it the more you will see its actually a great resource.

Take care
jared

I would also like to hear Jeff's answer about Elead.... I recently went with them and have already posted to this question on another forum so I won't bore you again. However, I'd love to hear another point of view with the same company.

I would also like to hear Jeff's answer about Elead.... I recently went with them and have already posted to this question on another forum so I won't bore you again. However, I'd love to hear another point of view with the same company.

Thanks for the feedback...we used more than the DrivingSales ratings to create our short list, of course - somehow managed to forget about iMagicLabs.

Jeff - did you guys switch to eLeads?

We did not switch to eLead - speaking past tense as if I were still at MileOne. Autobase is deeply rooted into MileOne - Their ADP integration seemed to be subpar while going through major issues with ReyRey and SelectQ.

Moving on...I'm no longer with MileOne. I accepted a position with another dealergroup and started there last week.

With that being said..I'm too knew with eLead to really comment -- I will say prior integration with ADP when I was using it over 2 years ago was solid. But a lot has changed since then. I'll be able to answer this better in a few months.