• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Email marketing 2.0 vs 1.0

Dan Dulgheru

Green Pea
Mar 26, 2011
First Name
Dan
Hello, I came back and I have a cool question.

Basic information:
  • a group of dealers sell several brands.
  • there is a marketing representative (traditional)
  • Email campaign
  • email addresses database contains: owners, potential customers and hot leads.

There are three scenarios proposed for campaign strategy:

1. Campaign monthly newsletter (CI of the group: news about group, brands and specials) for the entire list and targeted campaign on hot leads and leads with special offers. All cost centers are present
2. Send monthly from each brand only with special offers for the entire list. Send special alerts for each cost center to the whole list! Sometimes they can send alerts same time , from different dealer, for the same brand. The alerts are different / same for new model or specials !!!
3. Monthly newsletter campaign for each brand and all cost centers - CI of the brand: brand news and specials from every cost center + alerts for Special offers: will be sent to certain segments of potential customers​

What would you choose and why?

Thanks

Come'on Alex. You know we dealerships just dump our database into the newsletter, sit back and see what flies. That's how we duze it!

Dan, usually the more targeted the better. I'm a BMW guy, I don't care about about Hyundai. I've a VW guy, I hate everything but.

Now - if you're a dual rooftop or carry 2-3 brands, you might get away with one newsletter.

Newsletters are tricky but in the end (are they Sales Driven or more "Social"), they can drive some decent traffic to your dealership website.

My Mercedes dealers does very will with their newsletter. We forget to send one month and I usually receive and email or 5 asking what happened. Go figure...

What kills me - the most clicked on link is the "Used Car" or the "Specials". But, maybe this means the articles are not good enough to get more clicks than the Used Car link?