• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Gen Y & Occupy

I would have been a potential fan of the movement if they would have gotten some kind of focus and direction. Unfortunately, if they really want to solve problems, they should be occupying DC. You won't see them doing that though.

Reference the recent insider trading and conflict-of-interest allegations against Nancy Pelosi and others. These are the ones keeping 99% of us down -- with oppressive taxes, regulations that make starting and continuing businesses difficult, etc.

AMEN CC, AMEN.

I can't believe that insider trading hasn't pissed off more people. My son called Congress the new Robber Barrons. I am on a crusade...

Send a message: Throw the bums out, RE-ELECT NO ONE.

Of what were you a fan, Uncle Joe? I'm not aware of a central message, direction, or call to action.

JQ,

I said "I was hoping it would blossom" but all Occupy looks like is a fish flopping on a dock.

I challenge any American to watch this report by 60minutes and not want to Occupy Washington

The Speaker of the House gets VISA IPO shares for FREE, are you kidding me? She has been involved with 7 IPOs so far???

Throw the bums out... RE-ELECT NO ONE.

Voter apathy has given the bastards in Washington a free pass for too long. The waste and corruption is rampant, yet no-one has taken them to task. How the f**k could we dump 100billion gallons of crude into the gulf and no one goes to jail? Gov't regulators were partying with the oil rig operators!

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: 1 person
This. And you can add partying + alcohol to that list as well.

I'm currently working my way through school, 7AM-7PM at the dealership and then I go home, grab a quick bite to eat and then head to class from 8 PM to 9:25 PM and then study from about 9:45-11:00pm. This is Monday-Friday. Guess what? I have $0 in student loan debt, zip, notta, none.

Yes, i am only 20 and I feel 45, but it can be done. It's a matter of determination, sweat and living within my means. I am on path for a great paying career with or without my degree, but WITH it i can always request more of my favorite thing: $$$$$ :rofl:

I commend you, sir.

I went to school with a bunch of silver spoons. Usually, they were on scholastic probation after the first term and gone after the second. I worked in the library, veterans affairs office, poured beer at the local tavern, worked the night shift in a shutter manufacturer, fried chicken at KFC before J.L. Huffines hired me to sell used cars at his Chevy store (RIP J.L.).

Does anyone else think that the amounts and ease in securing student loans have anything to do with the escalation in tuitions?