• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Chrome Browser

Not everything works for Chrome. Most of your website don't....I know that because I use Chrome 95% of the time and I see all of your website all day :). So, its a matter of good code. If you code is clean and your web company should be building sites for IE, Safari, FF, and Chrome at the least these days. Forms and everything should really be tested in all browsers. The only thing I use FF for is to login to the same account I have in Chrome with a different login....IE Facebook. I have multiple FB accounts I manage so I have one open is FF and one in Chrome.

Alex, I have been recently noticing Chrome having trouble with lots of tabs open on my laptop but I have a monster computer at the house and I can have 20 open at any given time without a glitch.

I downloaded chrome today and really like its crisp layout and speed! Only problem is when i'm in imagiclab I cant insert any of my email templates into my emails. Anyone have any solutions for this?

I discovered that the other day myself. There is no workaround for Chrome + Email Templates in iMagicLab until they get everything up and running perfectly for Chrome. I know Keith Latman loves Chrome, so it is just a matter of time before they get it running smoothly.

Alex, I have been recently noticing Chrome having trouble with lots of tabs open on my laptop but I have a monster computer at the house and I can have 20 open at any given time without a glitch.

I have found Chrome to be a RAM monster. It is even moreso of a RAM monster than Firefox. Between Chrome, Photoshop, and needing to run ADP or ActivEngage in VMWare (on my Mac) I am seriously considering the investment in 8GB's of RAM for my MacBook Pro.

I have found Chrome to be a RAM monster. It is even moreso of a RAM monster than Firefox. Between Chrome, Photoshop, and needing to run ADP or ActivEngage in VMWare (on my Mac) I am seriously considering the investment in 8GB's of RAM for my MacBook Pro.

The whole thing with Chrome is it launches a new process for every tab. The upside is you can break one tab and it won't crash all the other windows you have open, the downside is massive amounts of RAM like you've seen.

Firefox and IE will eventually go that route too, it's just more stable that way... but I don't know when.

I was wondering why after having Chrome open for awhile on a few computers (including my XPS workhorse) my computers would start to run slow and hiccup, esp when viewing online video.

I am liking some of the new extentions for Chrome though...

fb_adblock_600.jpg

The whole thing with Chrome is it launches a new process for every tab. The upside is you can break one tab and it won't crash all the other windows you have open, the downside is massive amounts of RAM like you've seen.

Firefox and IE will eventually go that route too, it's just more stable that way... but I don't know when.

I think in IE8 if a tab crashes it won't take them all down now. It will recover from it and reload just that tab or something. That was a similar big IE8 change if I remember correctly. A lot of the time it is browser plug-ins and crazy javascript that cause all the problems.

I think in IE8 if a tab crashes it won't take them all down now. It will recover from it and reload just that tab or something. That was a similar big IE8 change if I remember correctly. A lot of the time it is browser plug-ins and crazy javascript that cause all the problems.

You know, I noticed that recently. IE8 has a very graceful crash where it loads a special page telling you the website crashed instead of just disappearing.

In this case it was a crazy javascript LOL. namely NissanNet DARN YOU!!!

@Alex Snyder Have you used Chrome on the Mac? Safari gets bogged down with multiple windows, 5 tabs+.

Yes I do. I rarely use Safari. I am also using Chrome on my home PC and actually like it better on the PC because of the extensions. I'm pretty much using Chrome exclusively on my PC, but I don't really use the PC for work. My Mac is my work machine and there are quite a few extensions I miss when using Chrome on it, so FireFox still rules the Mac most of the time.

Not everything works for Chrome. Most of your website don't....I know that because I use Chrome 95% of the time and I see all of your website all day :). So, its a matter of good code. If you code is clean and your web company should be building sites for IE, Safari, FF, and Chrome at the least these days. Forms and everything should really be tested in all browsers. The only thing I use FF for is to login to the same account I have in Chrome with a different login....IE Facebook. I have multiple FB accounts I manage so I have one open is FF and one in Chrome.

I use chrome for multiple accounts on my I5 8gb desktop at work, and am very happy with it.

http://www.labnol.org/software/create-family-profiles-in-google-chrome/4394/

I
only have to use IE9 for Java programs like autoshow and website manager through Cobalt, any GM corporate sites, and vauto. Chrome still doesn't work well with all of those... with each new version it gets better, but there are still some dropdowns in gmglobalconnect.com that make me resort to IE9.