• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Gone Wild

joe.pistell

Uncle Joe
Apr 7, 2009
Awards
First Name
Joe
Is it me, or does Google Instant suck? Has the simple ol Google of yesterday been ate up by greed? I miss the simple ol' Google.
Google is more than capable of getting it totally wrong. They've made mistakes belfore, but this time, It's their core product they're f*ing with.

Google MAJOR Blunders
Googel Wave
Google Buzz
Google Orkut
Google Base/Catalogs
Google Radio Ads
Google Print Ads
Google MINOR Blunders
Google Knol
Google Answers
Google Coupons
Googel SearchWiki
Google Checkout
Google Web Accellator
Google Page Creator
Google SideWiki
This post won't be active, I am placing a flag in the sand to mark this day... its an important day for me.. the first day I ever thought Google has Gone Wild and lost its way.

Last edited:
Another sign of Google Gone Wild:

From the blog: Technology & Marketing Law Blog by Eric Goldman

"...Google maintains a page entitled "Our Philosophy: Ten Things We Know to Be True."

On June 3, 2004 (per archive.org), the page said "Google may be the only company in the world whose stated goal is to have users leave its website as quickly as possible." (emphasis added)

On September 6, 2010, that same line now reads "We may be the only people in the world who can say our goal is to have people leave our homepage as quickly as possible." (emphasis added).."

Corporate Information - Our Philosophy

I'd rather talk about Girls going Wild :D

But for the record, I like Instant. However, I was one who also liked Wave. Unfortunately Wave was too complex for the average person to understand and it didn't do everything Google said it was going to do :(

What sucks about Google Instant? Its just like the search suggestions of plain Google, except instead of just seeing the suggested search term I also see the results for the most probable search term.

@mikeelmore: I think its somewhat cool, but I don't think it makes Google more or less useful.

Sooooooooo, is Google Instant a plus, or not? Seems to be some what cool?

Mike,

I am an idea factory (that's why Alex and Jeff let me play here! ;-) Ol' Uncle Joe has a saying that keeps me humble. "Just becuase its a good idea doesn't mean it'll work"

It doesn't matter if the Geeks like it, it doesn't matter if I don't like it, Google will watch the stats and make the call. I must be wrong, for Google Instant to make it this far, surely it's been thru rigorous testing.

But, Google Instant produces human interaction issues, I can see it in Beta, where the player at the top (read: HIPPO) can add or subtract weight to the stats they're seeing (because it's so cool!)

I'll bet we know in 30 days or less.

Mike,

I am an idea factory (that's why Alex and Jeff let me play here! ;-) Ol' Uncle Joe has a saying that keeps me humble. "Just becuase its a good idea doesn't mean it'll work"

It doesn't matter if the Geeks like it, it doesn't matter if I don't like it, Google will watch the stats and make the call. I must be wrong, for Google Instant to make it this far, surely it's been thru rigorous testing.

But, Google Instant produces human interaction issues, I can see it in Beta, where the player at the top (read: HIPPO) can add or subtract weight to the stats they're seeing (because it's so cool!)

I'll bet we know in 30 days or less.

Great point Joe, as always, I appreciate your thoughts and view points in DR, thanks