• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Reviews from Smartphones

MidwestFord

Full Sticker + Prep
Feb 24, 2012
First Name
Brian
We are instituting our new review campaign today and we ran into a problem. We are concentrating on Google reviews this month and one of the salesmen asked if it was ok to have the customer leave a review from their smartphone while still at the dealership. I said it was ok but then we discover after going to our Google+ page from an iPhone and an android phone there is no link to leave a review. You can read reviews which have already been left, but no links for new ones.

I had not noticed this before. Did Google remove this capability when they wiped out many dealers reviews from the same ip address? That is the only thing I could think of(to keep businesses from leaving reviews from many of their own phones).

I shared this idea with a couple of dealers. I created an index card with the dealership logo at the top. It contained one free and several low price oil change coupons. At the bottom of the card were two QR codes specifically for those dealerships. One went directly to the DealerRater "Rate this Dealer" and the other to the dealership's service appointment application, on their website.
Customers were asked to scan the QR code to DealerRater from their Smart Phones. Having an honest review would activate the coupons.
The customers would not see the dealership's other reviews and it took less that 5 minutes to complete the review. Having the service appointment link on the customers smartphone is a plus.
It is just as easy to set this up for Cars.com and some of the other sites. The cost is next to nothing and the cards fit easily into the owner's manual.