• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Wave!

Got my WAVE yesturday, havent played around with it too much. Its like a lot of people have said, an advanced chat program. I can see people building a lot of extensions for it, right now I only have the 2 deafault extensions that come with it,- "maps" and "yes or no" extensions.

I'm curious about one feature, the upload or download files button in the lower right corner.....I wonder what the max file size is? Has anyone done any file uploading or downloading with WAVE?

Its real easy to see how valuable this would be to web developers, and people working on projects from different locations. I'm sure there will be a web cam integration in the future. So yeah, its an advanced chat application.

I need to learn more about it, guess Ill go watch the Dr. Wave video now. Need to work with it some before declaring it a world changer.

Here is a good article on WAVE usage from the fine folks at Lifehacker-

Google Wave's Best Use Cases - Wave - Lifehacker

Drag and drop images from your desktop or files. I tested a word doc and images and they did fine. My wife has it also so we test it. I actually am part of a wave called "my favorite google wave bots (so far)". There are already a lot of extensions. You have an extension to turn your wave into your twitter account or to embed HTML for videos, etc.....