• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Wave!

Got it this morning. What's your Wave address Ryan? I'm at JD Power right now, but should have some good downtime tomorrow to really dive in.

Sorry guys - It looks like I don't rank for invites :(

[email protected]

All of my folks got theirs now. lol...you have no idea just how deep it really is already. I spent a couple hours on it and i didn't even scratch the surface. You think it's simple until you start exploring. It took me a while to figure out how to search public waves and search for topics. The community has grown like crazy just since I have been on it. This thing will be the biggest, search, social, communication tool available one day.

Got my WAVE yesturday, havent played around with it too much. Its like a lot of people have said, an advanced chat program. I can see people building a lot of extensions for it, right now I only have the 2 deafault extensions that come with it,- "maps" and "yes or no" extensions.

I'm curious about one feature, the upload or download files button in the lower right corner.....I wonder what the max file size is? Has anyone done any file uploading or downloading with WAVE?

Its real easy to see how valuable this would be to web developers, and people working on projects from different locations. I'm sure there will be a web cam integration in the future. So yeah, its an advanced chat application.

I need to learn more about it, guess Ill go watch the Dr. Wave video now. Need to work with it some before declaring it a world changer.

Here is a good article on WAVE usage from the fine folks at Lifehacker-

http://lifehacker.com/5381219/google-waves-best-use-cases

Last edited:
9. Proprietary rights
9.1 You acknowledge and agree that Google (or Google’s licensors) own all legal right, title and interest in and to the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in the Services (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). You further acknowledge that the Services may contain information which is designated confidential by Google and that you shall not disclose such information without Google’s prior written consent.

That's my concern with Google.