• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Gubagoo Falling To Pieces?

I haven't heard of our team running into any issues. What type of issues are you experiencing?

We've tried all of automotive's chat vendors, and Gubagoo has the best UI/UX by far for both customers and dealership personnel.
Long story short: multiple issues occurring across the board on multiple devices, multiple browsers, on multiple operating systems and no response from support after a long period of time.

Long story long: We have long had an issue with Android users not getting notifications on their phones of new chats. We suspect it to be an issue with when a setting based on the phone being in sleep mode, because as soon as the user picks up their phone, they get a notification. This is with multiple Android users; including myself. Gubagoo has never been able to solve this issue. Recently, we started having an issue with being able to access chat on two of our sites (on desktop, Android, and iOS). We would get a notification, but when opening up Gubagoo (whether on desktop or mobile) it would show no chat. You can open the app, go to notifications, and refresh it, and the chat would show up. But you still could not access the chat back on desktop; although you COULD see the history of the active chat as if the chat was over. Even after being able to access the chat on mobile you aren't able to confirm the message you sent out until the customer responded. When the customer responds, both the message that you send and the message the customer replied with show up at the same time. This issue has been going on for over a month. Support did a couple of tests one day and then nothing. I waiting almost two weeks before reaching out to my rep and he said he would look into it. Two weeks and still no response. I emailed a backup rep and still no response after another week. Additionally, we had someone go to one of our sites on Safari on their iPhone and the chat bubble did not appear on the site. It did show up when they switched to Chrome on the same device. The next day it started showing up on Safari again. Another issue on the same day on a desktop using Chrome when clicking the chat bubble the after hours message only form appeared even though it was in the middle of the day. On a separate desktop also on chrome the proper live chat appeared. On top of that, we often get a notification, immediately open the chat, and are greeted with a notification saying, "Your team has missed the chat." even though we immediately attempted to access the chat when notified one was started. This occurred too many times out of nowhere to account for customers accessing the chat and then immediately exiting (we haven't seen this issue for a while). Last night we get chats coming in with a notification, but we weren't able to access it at all even when refreshing the notification screen. Then some time later (not sure the trigger yet) all of a sudden the chat would appear on screen.

Just now started a chat. Got a notification on mobile, but not on desktop. It's not appearing on my desktop at all. Opened the chat on mobile and it's telling me to reengage. I back out of it and then try to find the chat and it's nowhere to be found now either on desktop or mobile. Although we manage our chats in-house, the bot is supposed to jump in after 30 seconds. Now 7 minutes in and nothing. This is a new one. Fun stuff.

Just started a chat on another site. Got a notification on desktop, but not on mobile. Can't find it anywhere on mobile. Tried accessing it on desktop and it only shows as up with the chat history and no way to access the chat. It's nowhere to be found now even though it is active. No response from the bot after two minutes. This is also new. Good times.

Reactions: craigh
This is with multiple Android users; including myself. Gubagoo has never been able to solve this issue.

It sounds like they have a few different issues, but as a heavy Android user I have had many problems with Android's "Battery Optimize" features, including with Google apps like Waze. My phone will go to sleep while driving and Waze on my Android Auto will just freeze in place because the phone has decided that Waze doesn't need to use battery when the phone is "sleeping".

I've turned these features off countless times and they still give me grief.

I don't know who my managed chat users are, but I am needing to find a new provider. I don't know who else uses Gubagoo and manages their chats in-house, but have you noticed that it seems to be disintegrating? Any recommendations would be appreciated.
There are AI based platforms we use with our complimentary implementation and conversion tagging. If you would like to speak to one of our former Gugaboo clients as a reference then message me at [email protected]