• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Has 10DLC Registration shut down your CRM Text Messaging?

These may be stupid questions, @JDHigginbotham, but this is all completely new to me.

1. Would a dealer even know if a text got rejected because of a word like "credit score?"
2. Do the services recognize that a text is an opt-in text?
3. If someone opts in to text messages, would it override any standard defense against words like "credit score?"
4. We noticed recently that some people weren't getting our dealership name on their caller ID. I'm guessing that has to do with this conversation. We did a quick test and Verizon seems to be good, but we called someone with T-Mobile and it didn't show up. So does that mean that we need to ask our provider to set up a CNAM with T-Mobile? Am I saying any of this right? :rofl:

@BillKVMotorCo those are absolutely valid questions.

1. Not necessarily. If sending through a software platform, that platform would know if the message failed. You knowing as the dealer would be dependent on the data the platform gives you.

2. Short answer, yes.

3. No. A compliant opt-in doesn't make you immune from filtering based on content. "Credit Score" may get too close for comfort to "debt collection", which is prohibited over SMS.

4. CNAM is seemingly something I need to become an expert on for dealers. Voice only feature. Contacting your provider to ensure your CNAM registration is up to date would be the path I'd take here.

4. CNAM is seemingly something I need to become an expert on for dealers. Voice only feature. Contacting your provider to ensure your CNAM registration is up to date would be the path I'd take here.
FWIW, I reached out to our telecom company, and they said there is nothing that they can do to help with this. The rep I talked to seemed pretty knowledgeable, so I don't know...

FWIW, I reached out to our telecom company, and they said there is nothing that they can do to help with this. The rep I talked to seemed pretty knowledgeable, so I don't know...

I’ll mark this as one to dig into the weeds on. Keeping SMS from breaking is a full court press right now, but loving the extra effort of CNAM from dealers.

Question for dealers here.

What would you say is the business impact of having your 10DLC number shut down?

I'll leave metrics to what you feel is a priority, but a few thoughts..

One day in Service
- Appts you couldn't set, avg $/RO
- Completed work you couldn't notify, cost associated with cars stacking up..reputation

One day in Sales
- Leads you couldn't follow up on, avg closing ratio of those leads, avg gross/unit